HELP!!! I need a race car on March 28th ! !

70 gsconvt

Hi, I'm very involved in my son's Cub Scout Pack. Anyway, I'm in charge of the Pinewood Derby every year (what else, it's drag racing, right?). I had a local guy with a quarter mile Chevy lined up to come and bring his car to the event and park it outside the door.

Well now he calls me and says he's been laid off. I thinking "Great". He's got more time. He tells me he doesn't have time now, so he's backed out of doing it.

What I'm looking for is a track-only car. My car is OK, but it's not covered in stickers, a name on the side, a roll bar, etc. You get the picture. Most of these kids have never been to a race of any kind, let alone seen a car up close.

Weather doesn't need to be a factor as there is a covered area right by the door to put the car under. But if it's really crappy, I could understand if someone didn't come.

Can anyone out there help me out. I would need the car at the church, Northside Christian Church in Sharon Township, around 11:00 am until maybe 3:00 or so in the afternoon. I will buy lunch for the car owner and a guest at a nice italian restaurant right around the corner called Marie's. Excellent pizza and pasta.

Please let me know ASAP if you can help out. I'd really like to do something special for the kid's as this will be my son's last Pinewood Derby.

U might try

posting this under the Regional Heading. Scroll down and u will c it

I had a local guy with a quarter mile Chevy lined up to come and bring his car to the event and park it outside the door.

Well now he calls me and says he's been laid off. I thinking "Great". He's got more time. He tells me he doesn't have time now, so he's backed out of doing it.

not to be a huge a$$ but if he got laid off he would have more time in the near future right?

i dont wish this on anyone in this time but it seems to me like sour grapes on his part or hes looking to get paid for the apperance.

buickbert

not to be a huge a$$ but if he got laid off he would have more time in the near future right?

i dont wish this on anyone in this time but it seems to me like sour grapes on his part or hes looking to get paid for the apperance.
buickbert

I know. That's why I not naming names here or anything. For whatever reason, he's bowed out. I'm just looking for someone who would be willing to help give some young boys exposure to the hobby of cars and racing that we here all love.