HELP--how do I shut off anti theft

turbojack

I dont know where else to turn but a freind of mine put a 98 S10 eng/trans,ecm,dash into a 56 ford p/u. On one of 1st drives,temp gauge started going to hot while on hi way,pulled off and shut it off to take a look see,water tank empty,added water ,got back in and turned key on only to see a security lite was lit,eng turns over but no start.Had to tow home to diagnose that the fuel pump has quit operating,probebley due to that secuity lite that is still on.We suspect that it went into the anti theft mode.And now for the 64K question,,how do we reset the anti theft devise.We dont have the key flicker thing,as the guy who sold us the truck (we bought it as a running wreck) didnt have it or couldnt find it.Some say we have to take the ecm to a dealer to reset the theft thing,man,that sounds far fetched to me,there has to be a way an owner could reset the theft devise easly-----anybody out there know anything bout what I`m talking bout . Man,we sure would like to drive this thing more,it was a blast b4 all this happened----oh,btw,its a 4.3L vortec w/ at---any info would be greatly appreaciated,,Jack

found out how to shut off anti theft thing when activated----u have to get a scanner that plugs into the port under the dash.That gets u into the ecm,then,with the correct "scanner" you clear the theft code,,pretty dang easy,,now to cough up the $$ for the scanner----Jack