help: headlight motor

turbota633

my passenger side headlight motror is bad, the light won't even go up anymore, it used to go up with a little assistance. the problem is the autoparts store says the manufacturer is out of this part, and its possible that its discontinued. i plan to goto the buick event this coming weekend in Ohio at Quaker city raceway, and would like to race as i haven't done it all summer yet....but need the light motor so i can see while driving the car home. anyone help me out here, know where i can find one or anything??? thanks much for the help.
-Joe

anyone who has done this before? here's a link to something i found on ebay, just looking for advice/opinions before i buy it...does this sound like the answer to my issue? my moptor still runs, but the light won't even move.
-Joe

if the motor is running - the gear is probably stripped. i know on the 4th gen cars they gear is plastic and wears down. but - only 1/2 the gear is used, so the cheap fix is to open it up, rotate the gear 180 degrees and you're good to go (until that 1/2 wears down ;) )

if you need to drive at night - you can manually raise / lower the headlights by turning the knob.

I found rebuilt motors off of Ebay. Used them on an '87 Firechicken, worked pretty well, didn't cost my a whole bunch. No motor, you might need a control module. Bit more spendy, but it looks that TDS carries those too. I might get me one for that "just in case" thing that always happens to me.

Plus, there's always the manual knob, but I got sick of that really quick and changed the module out with a used one I acquired.