HELP! Getting ready to bolt down heads...

Trbobuick

Boost addict
Im sitting here looking at a: my GN1 tourque and sequence sheet b: my arp head stud sheet c: my fel pro loc wire tourqe and sequence sheet.

Im lost. the GN1 sheet looks like this from left to right on bolt numbers for 8 bolt heads: 6 1 3 7 bottom row 8 4 2 5
tourqe specs: 45 then 55 then 65 then 75 on the long bolts.

the fel pro: 1 3 4 2 bottom row 5 7 8 6
tourque specs 45 then 60 then 75 then 85 on the long.

the arp studs sheet says 70 ft pounds for iron and 65 for aluminum.

????????? :confused: what sequence and what tourque :confused: ???????

By the way, these are 14 bolt heads on a stock block.

help
Brian

fallow the #'s

go from 1-2 even thought they are on different rows they should go from middle out and like this : one on top and then the bottom to tigthen go smaller to larger on the T specs start at 55 on all the bolts then to 65 and so on but fallow the same pattern as the pics show.

???? what pics? the fel pro and the champion sheet both have pics. and they are different

brian

1357 they are kind like this right? should be but just start with
:::::::::

smallest T spec in the sequence it shows and i would probly fallow the GN1 sheet the gasket will probley not matter but the head will due to being AL it could warp. but it should start in the middle and go out.

no, not the cylinders, the bolts are numbered as to which to tighten first. its diffrent on dirrent things.

Champion's installation instructions (I'm holding them in my hand) are well written/extremely explicit about ALL aspects of installation. I don't think this knowledge came for free. I think I'd follow them to a TEE.

Good luck!

:)

Our local guru , deals weekly with Champion. He advised me to torque GN1s using only the instructions shipped with them.

I reinstalled mine a couple of months ago this way. I cant find my sheet so i cant compare numbers, but the Champion torque numbers were lower.

good point.. ill put the fel pro instruction and arp instructions away and follow toms :)

thanks guys

Felpro?

That's odd, about the torque sequence from Felpro. I've never seen a torque sequence on anything that didn't start in the middle and work outward. Small block chevy, Ford, whatever. I wonder what Felpro is up to?