Help decide what color of black to paint bumper fillers.

RTR

RTR
:D Just recieved a set of fiberglass bumperfillers from gbodyparts. I plan to prep and paint these myself what type of black paint should I use .

I would also like to know this. My next item to work on is replacment rear bumper fillers. If I can I would like to paint these myself if it is easy enough otherwise I will take them to a body shop to paint. Thanks

paul

My advise would be find a Paint shop to do them for you. Search around and u can get them done for around a bill . U will save money in he long run bcuz it's still goin to cost u for paints and sandpaper . Spend a little extra and have them done nicely no spray paint will match my opinion

I agree with the others that said let a shop do it. Many advantages for small parts in this case. They buy materials in bulk and can charge you for what was used. Some primers and other chemicals are quart size and larger so your materials cost will be more than what the body shop charges for the job. With that being said and the fact that I have never had my hands on these exact parts but have had hundreds of other aftermarket fiberglass parts in my posession, I would assume that these will need work to make them presentable to install on the car - finished. They will most likely need a high build primer (I like urethane products) and blocking to make them ready for paint. Multiple coats of primer and multiple sandings. After the final sanding, spray with a sealer and then base coat (multiple coats) followed with clear coat. The amount of gloss can be adjusted with a flattening aagent dded to the clear. A good shop can provide you with a chart from their paint supplier to show you the different percentages of gloss so you know what to expect in the end. As far as the "color" black, you'll have choices there as well. Black is not black anymore. You have blacks with more depth than others and some with a tint of brown. I would assume that you want the fillers to match the car. If your car has been painted, let the shop match up the color to an existing panel. If it has orig. paint, give them the code from the sticker in the trunk and let them start from there. They can then run thru variances and then tint to match. Before final paint, they can provide you with a test panel so you can agree on what the final product will be. Avoids disappointments that way. All of this takes time and money but as mentioned, if you buy all the products to do all of the aforementioed by your self and the fillers are going to be the only pieces you are doing, your materials cost will outweigh the shop cost.

Thanks for the advice. I am going to check out some paint shops as suggested.