Help Da Noob

cmokem

Finally got the alchy working and I got to say I'm Impressed. I'm using a Extender chip with the SMC single nozzle setup. My question is the o2's are in the 82 range on the top end...which is a tad rich. So how should I lean this thing out...I can take away some fuel with the maf translator..its in 6% rich right now...or I can turn down the pump speed. I have 0000 Knock at 19lbs of boost right now.

O yeah EGT's are in the 1440-1450 range

Suggestions???

Happy Easter and TIA
Bob

Wow, your egt's are really low for at the end of a quarter run! I'm there at 1450* @ 85 mph. Sounds like you are doing really well. As with all cars the egt numbers vary, and you might see knock pretty soon, bit it seems most people go like 1600 - 1650 before they see knock.

If I was at that point, I'd add boost, and maybe timing. If you don't want to add boost, or can't get any more, then pull some fuel. Seems like the alchy is working for you so I wouldn't decrease that yet. If you were at the track, you could pull some alchy to see if you pick up power. I've drowned my spark with too much alchy and it's hard to tell if that is happening without comparing times from one run to another while decreasing spray.

Please keep us informed of your progress. It will be interesting to see what works, given the egt numbers. :cool:

Thanks for the input guys...I should of said that it wasnt exactly a quarter mile run but a run that saw 95 mph. Normal EGT's for a run like this shows about 50 degress higher without the alchy. I will try and turn down the wot fuel on the translator to see what that does. Also after the run I could smelll some alchy..is this normal or a sign that too much alchy is being pumped into the engine

Thanks Again

Bob

I love the smell of alky. in the morning. :)

Yup a run up to 95 and you will smell it.

You want more alky and less fuel..So if your gonna turn anything down..let it be the fuel not the alky.Alky will kill the detoantion..fuel wont..

EGT indicate your FAT..bring your base FP down a couple lbs,up the boost 1-2 lbs and give it pump speed.

EGT should go to 1550-1600. I run 1620's at the track with 760-770's

Julio