Help choosing iPad please!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
My girlfriend offered to buy me an iPad for my birthday and told me to choose one but my problem is WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE ?
confused.gif

There's the iPad, iPad2, iPad3 and iPad4. Then there's the newer versions called the iPad Air and iPad Air2. I don't want to buy one that'll bee too expensive if it's not really needed but I don't want to get the cheapest one either…For example, I'd like one in which I'll be able to put some pictures preferably large quantities of them to show the different stages of restoration of my car that I'll be able to put on display near my car at car shows.
I see some differences in memory and in storage capacity but there are too many other terms which I'm not familiar with and don't have an idea of what they mean like "data rate", WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n", "MIMO", "Siri", etc...
wacko.gif
It's like trying to read chinese!…I dunno what to do anymore...
noway.gif
someone can help?

Claude
clonk.gif

My girlfriend offered to buy me an iPad for my birthday and told me to choose one but my problem is WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE ?
confused.gif

There's the iPad, iPad2, iPad3 and iPad4. Then there's the newer versions called the iPad Air and iPad Air2. I don't want to buy one that'll bee too expensive if it's not really needed but I don't want to get the cheapest one either…For example, I'd like one in which I'll be able to put some pictures preferably large quantities of them to show the different stages of restoration of my car that I'll be able to put on display near my car at car shows.
I see some differences in memory and in storage capacity but there are too many other terms which I'm not familiar with and don't have an idea of what they mean like "data rate", WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n", "MIMO", "Siri", etc...
wacko.gif
It's like trying to read chinese!…I dunno what to do anymore...
noway.gif
someone can help?

Claude
clonk.gif

Hey Claude!

I checked with Alexandra's 15 year old. You know you have to be under 18 years old to be an expert with I-stuff. She said get what you like. You could run hundreds of photos on a slide show with almost any one. Get the Air so you can fab-up a nice stand for it to display it a shows.

I heard you have the car apart doing a full frame-off. Your going for the big show stuff. I wish I could start over and do it like that. I'm going to need more room for that kind of project than I have. Good luck. I can't wait to see it!

I got my kid an android tablet and I was actually thanked for getting the Droid tablet over the wanted "I whatever" do your research.

iPad Air 2 with 32gb of memory wifi only.

That will get you what you need and you won't have to replace it for quite awhile.

I own an iPad Mini wi-fi only, that i had bought just over a year and a half ago. It worked just as good as an ipad 4, was just as powerful in a smaller package. I still use it for school and personal enjoyment purposes. Although the screen size was only 7.9 inches, it was more than plenty big enough to do what i needed without having eye-strain and i could easily carry it around with me where ever i went which was part of why i had went with a Mini. One of the downsides is the fact that you can't upgrade the storage size of the iPads later on (such as the case with the iphones and ipods) , so you have to decide before buying it what capacity of storage you think will be plenty for the intended uses you have for it. You might want to look at android based tablet options as well. They might be easier for you to do any editting of the pictures on the computer without having to use iTunes to put them back onto the tablet.
Hope that helps you in some way decide.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
Hey Claude!

I checked with Alexandra's 15 year old. You know you have to be under 18 years old to be an expert with I-stuff. She said get what you like. You could run hundreds of photos on a slide show with almost any one. Get the Air so you can fab-up a nice stand for it to display it a shows.

I heard you have the car apart doing a full frame-off. Your going for the big show stuff. I wish I could start over and do it like that. I'm going to need more room for that kind of project than I have. Good luck. I can't wait to see it!
Joey my friend, how are you!! …Yeah my main idea is to run a slideshow with pictures from my car showing how it was before I bought it, then the restoration pictures and last how it is now. I just got a stand at Christmas to put it on at shows. But why do you say to get the "Air" to fab up a stand?
As for the frame-off restoration, it's on my Chevelle, but I plan to have my GN repainted sometime this year because even if I take good care of it, the paint is starting to show quite a few defects after 27 years…:rolleyes:

Take care my friend! (y)

and

That will get you what you need and you won't have to replace it for quite awhile.

Why do you say "wifi only " ? I thought that they all had wifi...

Claude. ;)

I figured you didn't have a stand and I thought the Air would be lighter and more elegant looking while on display.

Oh, so it's the Chevelle that's getting the frame off restoration. Good! So that means I still have the baddest Buick for a while! When you get done with the Chevelle, and you get on to restoring the GN, I will start to worry.;)

have just abt every modle ipad .... I like the ipad air 2 with 32 gig and wifi only best ! jmo

He said wifi only because the others come with a cellular card. I just use my cell phone as a hotspot.

Now my favorite tablet.... Surface Pro 3. Bought one for the wife and now I'm jelous

Thanks guys for your replies. Now I understand a little bit better. I guess I should be looking for a model with 32gb , and with wifi only, no cellular card
and… Joey, I wouldn't be worried if I were you … your TWIN TURBO Buick in simply g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s inside and out ! :eek: :D

Claude. ;)

Yes if you go into an apple store and tell them exactly what I posted they'll get it for you. I've owned two iPads and they are the best tablet out there in my opinion.

I have one more question: What's the difference between "3G" and "4G LTE" ?
confused.gif
I can't seem to find one with WiFi only…Should I get the iPad2 with "3G" and 64gb ? I'm asking because I'm not interested in the "cell phone" feature…but I might like 64gb for peace of mind in having huge storage space for large quantities of pictures …Is there such a thing (64gb, no cellular card)?
I've found this comparison site but things are not clear about not having cell phone…
LINK: http://ipad.about.com/od/Tablet_Computers_eReaders/a/The-iPad-Comparison-Chart.htm

Claude.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Thanks "Venus"!…Looks like the one for me ! (y)

Claude. ;)

P.S: In my previous post, I was talking about a iPad2" not a iPad Air 2"...

Welcome. We'll you can go to the same website and just pick the other ipad model but the choices are the same.

Thanks guys for your replies. Now I understand a little bit better. I guess I should be looking for a model with 32gb , and with wifi only, no cellular card
and… Joey, I wouldn't be worried if I were you … your TWIN TURBO Buick in simply g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s inside and out ! :eek: :D

Claude. ;)

Claude, There are days I would watch my car burn just to trade you for yours. And I know for sure there are others who feel you score

Sorry, hit the button to soon...........

you score top honors on the "Bad-ass Buick" list!