Help choosing FMIC

BlackMetal

I want to order a TurboTweak chip, so I'm trying to get some mods done so it can be programmed right, instead of buying the chip for my current setup and changing something out a week later.

The mods in my sig are the only things done. In the next week or two I'm going to have a custom exhaust, Racetronix fuel pump kit, and most likely 009 42lb injectors.

I drive my GN semi-daily. 99% of my driving is 70mph+ on the highway, so I'm not TOO worried about a big FMIC causing overheating issues. But still, I don't think I want one of the huge ones that completely takes up the airflow behind the grille.

I'm thinking about the ones that point upwards so it doesn't block as much of the radiator, such as:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUIC...ryZ33742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Unless anyone can really say that the bigger intercoolers don't have a huge effect on temps.

I'm mainly looking for:
1)Driveability
2)Simple Installation (not cutting my bumper, radiator supports, etc)

Appreciate help and opinions.

I have the RJC and my temps havent gone above 180 either! VERY nice piece!!

Sorry for not mentioning name. But you don't need a front mount with a 49
If I got this right. Iapologize if I didn't.

When and if you move up. Can always go bigger. Had same car,patrs wise.
Except for smaller injectors.97' ran 12,18 20PNDS> boost then 17 in 2&3.

But you decide. My car then was great on street and one day at track.
Just my .02 cents....if I have that...HTH'ed..

Honestly, I don't think that a front mount is gonna help you out much at all. I have one on my car with a ta49 and 009s ect, and the lag and surge from the front mount is definitely noticable. I think if anything, the front mount slowed me down. :rolleyes: . I would spend the money elsewhere, as the stocker will take you well into the 11s, esp with a big neck. Just my 2 cents ;)

Get a Dutweiller neck installed on your stock intercooler and go from there.
Conrad

I actually have a couple of stretched stock location intercoolers, one a 15 row $400 that will bolt up perfectly with your TA49 and one 17 row $450 that lines up better with the bigger 2.5" outlet turbos. both have duttweiler necks.

I like the front mount much betetr than a stock location..even under normal street driving..the air charge is always cooler than from the cooler under the hood & it shows after owning one..if you cool the stock location one im sure it will be the same or better because of short length tubing..but I can go to track..leave hood shut & run much much more consistent time..no having to cool the intercooler with water or anything to keep it comsistent..my car does run a lil warmer but I think it did before I changed to a front mount anyways..I think I need a new radiator..still runiing stock one here

IM using the V2 dequick intercooler..should be about the same as everyone elses front mount

Well for those of you pointing out that I really wouldn't gain that much with a stock set-up, I understand that. As I said, I was just trying to squeeze in a few more mods before I bought a TurboTweak chip and then have it be useless when I change something out. But if it would really do more harm than good I guess I could go with a stretched stocker for now.

I think Race Jason, And national are putting you in the best direction.

If I didn't have almost the exact setup, I wouldn't answer this.

I would go with 009's. And a good chip.

As a good friend explined to me. It takes air to move to cool. Stay in harmony. Just like any other motor. Combinations work.....Just my .02cents.

I've only tried to help. No gain on my part.......Rob

Use your cash elsewhere unless you plan on a 10sec car.Upgrade stocker either w/neck or buy a stretcher.