HELP!!! Carb help needed

Sarah99gxe

Finally got my Turbo
We just took our carb off to replace the mounting gasket and noticed that there are metal plugs coming out of the gasket with 2 square thingamabob's attached (sorry for the lack of technical terms here). What are these??? I got a new gasket, but it looks just like a regular gasket (same shape and look as the mounting gasket attached) but no metal plug attachments are part of it.

Is there a special gasket that is needed for the mounting gasket? Is this this way because of the turbo?? I'll try and post a picture (my camera is dead).

It's a 1983 T-Type.

Thanks,
Sarah

Help asap please!!!!

Here are some pictures for what I'm talking about.....

What exactly does this connection go to and what does it do? What if we just mount the regular gasket on there for temp? Would this allow us to move the car (not drive it to the store of course).

Unfortunately we didn't expect the down time of the car and need to move it :(

Thanks for all your help!

Sarah

Attachments

• carb gasket 002.jpg
    carb gasket 002.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 85
  • carb gasket 003.jpg
    carb gasket 003.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 99
Hi,
If you look closely, you'll see that there are gaskets on this phenolic plastic piece. They are a mutha to remove without damage to the piece itself.Get your razor and your patience out to clean this.This piece I keep talking about is known as the EFE heater. It's function is to heat the incoming air at a certain point, let's say below 55 degrees F. There is a relay to control this, and I am not sure where it resides. As you can tell by the wiring gauge, it is designed to handle a significant amount of power. The relay is, of course, ecm controlled.If you're in a warm climate, you don't need this function. Your choice as to how it goes. Good luck!

My 83 ...

didn't have one on it. I purchased it in Nashville and drove it back to jersey. Had no problems w/the winter driving.