Help Car wont start!!

BoostnTtype

I have a 86 buick T type that i am having trouble with. I went out to start the car and it will run for 1-2 seconds and just turn off.Anyone have any ideas what it could be.My dad has an a auto repair shop and we by-passed the ecu and the car ran, it ran like sh*t,but it ran. What do you think i should check for?

What do you mean you bypassesd the ecu? If that were possible the car shouldnt run at all..Start by checking the basics,See if you are losing fuel or spark..Good luck

X2 what do you mean by passed i for got my orange wire un hooked when replacing my chip and i know it did not run

Im pretty sure that the chip does not have an anti-theft..does anyone know what it can be besides that?

What kind of chip does it have in it now? Where there any symptoms prior to the no start condition? Any codes stored?

Thanks guys it was the chip.I had to reset the damn thing.By the way im was going to change the oil and was wondering what kind you use?

Thanks guys it was the chip.I had to reset the damn thing.By the way im was going to change the oil and was wondering what kind you use?

I use Prestone Anti-freeze in mine. Gives you about 50+ horsepower.

:D

J/K...I recommend Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30

Glad you figured it out..Any major brand of oil is good,but do your engine a favor and add a bottle of Lucas oil stabilizer..I love this stuff..it goes in all of my vehilcles,,increases oil pressure,reduces friction and also slows down oil leaks..Especially if you have some miles on it..........

I was told to get valvoline 30w, not 10-30 or 10-40, but a one weight oil. Also he said snythic oil would not engine breakin properly.