help car wont start no spark

wicked_TurboLV

wana race my lowrider???
ok im this (_) close to finishing my buick and getting it started. The car tuns over fine just wont start. i pulled a plug to see if there was spark and there isnt. what could it be what are my options to look for.

ok is the interupter ring the dampner, and the crank sensors from autozone didnt come with little slots. just the sensor and the bracket that held it.

The sensor should have 2 grooves or slots that the ring passes through and it needs to be in the back slot ( I think). I see if I can find a pic and post it.

The crank sensor has to come with slots, so that the interuptor ring can pass between the slots. The correct spacing id .030 [I think-someone help me on this]

It is possible to have the ring between the wrong slots on the sensor, I think there are 3 raised areas, therfore 2 slots.

The interruptor ring should be furthest away from the connector end. This is where the magnet and the hall effect sensor is located.
-John Spina
Got this from turbobuicks.com

check it out, the crank sensor i have has one of the little blades or grooves broken. i wnet to autozone to get a new one and the ones they hade didnt come with the little grooves, so i figured it wouldn matter if one of the little blades or grooves was broken could this be it.

I've bought them in Vegas befpre at Autozone. If you cant find one Ive got one you can have cheap. You can pick it up when you come by and check out those slicks.

got her to start, but she dies out after 20 sec. or so. the crank sensor was to far out. im running 91 octane gas on a 108 chip just to idle her, hope that doesnt give me problums? fuel press. is at 40psi.

come on guys im really close now. why is she shuting off. after setting the crank sensor right it started up and stayed on for about 20 sec. now she just shuts off after she starts up. tried to keep her alive by giving her gas but didnt work. ask for info so you guys can help get this car running tonight.

OK, I'll stop running my company for a minute to help.

Does is re-start each time after if dies? or was it a one-time start, and will not re-start.

What is the fuel pressure after it dies- do you have any?

ok cool check it out to i just got it to stay on and actually drove it down the street and back. when i gave it a little gas it began to sputter and pop a bit, it also idle pretty rough and kept reving up and down for a little while. came back let the car to run a little and began to pop and sputter and then it shut off. i wonder if it could be the gas and ship. dam it felt good to hear her again.

I would go through the min. air setting and then reset TPS.

first check TPS, should be around .42. then crank the min. air screw to achieve around 15 IAC counts on your scantool. Be sure and readjust TPS as you go to keep it around .42