help.. car wont pass smog

stk6bngr

hey everyone im in need of some help haha.. my car wont pass smog with a tt smog chip the co's and hydro carbons r way high around 450 to 500s ... i set the fuel pressure to 38 with line off and then set it lower and it still was way to high. my set up is basic mods. 009's with a ta-49,rjc power plate, 3'' thdp, 3'' atr ss exhuast, afpr, big mouth cai, 100 oct vp unleaded fuel.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks.

Do you have a catalytic converter? Eric did burn you an emissions chip I assume. Is your EGR valve hooked up and functioning?

Drain the 100 octane fuel, to begin with. Use 93 or lower. Higher octane gas burns at a slower rate.

Then, add two bottles of HEET to a 1/2 tank and re-smog.

Drain the 100 octane fuel, to begin with. Use 93 or lower. Higher octane gas burns at a slower rate.

Then, add two bottles of HEET to a 1/2 tank and re-smog.

Ditto!

And make sure you have a good cat, and fully functional EGR (and the chip must have a fully functional egr table). Get your fuel pressure back where it belongs! The only thing you're doing by messing with the fuel pressure is screwing up the state of tune, and eventually going onto lean mis-fire, which jacks up the pollutants.

thanx for all the replies... ill drain the 100 octane, i have an emissions chip from eric and i also have a cat....

Try A Cup Of Laquer Thinner To About 1/2 To 3/4 Tank Of 93 Octane.works Evry Time Even Without A Cat

Could be way off base here....but I thought I remember reading on the boards somewhere that if you fill your tank with 1/2 E85 it helps emissions alot?