HELP. can't get the valve cover off.

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Maybe I'm giving up to early. Having trouble getting the cover off. Anyone know some tricks?

It is leaking....that's why I am changing the gasket. It's like a batman smoke screen.

What side? Is it glued to the head? Is it the pass. side hitting in the back? if so bump the motor over to change the lift of the rocker arms.

Sorry....more information.
The valve cover is "welded/glued" to the head. It is the passenger side. I would think this would be the PITA side. I don't see a way to get a pry bar in. Did not want to break the valve cover. Looks like every step will be a pain. I have not even begun to start...

Sorry....more information.
The valve cover is "welded/glued" to the head. It is the passenger side. I would think this would be the PITA side. I don't see a way to get a pry bar in. Did not want to break the valve cover. Looks like every step will be a pain. I have not even begun to start...

How's this project going?...

I've got spares if you need. :biggrin:

I can't get any leverage to pry the cover off. Thought this would be an easy fix.

I am using a small rubber mallet. Can't get a good angle to hit it.

with all 4 bolts off it shouldnt be too bad... unless someone sealed the VC gasket top and bottom... chances are the gasket is rock hard and just stuck though.... see if you can get a small screwdriver in the corner and pry up... like I said I have a spare set of VCs if you break one...

Thanks, I may have to take you up on that offer. Will get a jack hammer.:D

Not to be a smart @ss but you did remove the long studs, and not just the nut that holds the wireloom and solenoid, right? A dead blow hammer or a small prybar should do the trick.

I put in some high mileage oil and is stopped leaking...for now. If it starts to leak again I will try the Metric left handed hammer.

"If it doesn’t move, force it. If it breaks, it needs replacing anyway"