HELP !!!! bad maf ?????

87T

Did a WOT run 23-23lb boost, some retard, let off the gas engine starts to run rough,,,BLACK smoke coming out of tail pipe.
Things I've done or changed: Chip, put know good one in, really nothing wrong with the one that was in there,no help,,,change ECM to spare good one, no change,,,took MAF out, cleaned it, put back in, no change,,,,car wants to run really rich, black smoke,,,when MAF wire removed it runs a litte better, get NO codes except when maf is unhooked then I get code 34+51,,,,,,,,,,could it be the MAF has finally died Its the original one????? :confused: :confused:

Seems like alot of people are experiencing bad MAF sensors. Try to put in a known good one before throwing more parts in. That is the cheapest and easiest way to diagnose it.

If its a bad MAF u might wanna consider going to a newer style LT1 MAF sensor with a translator or translator +.

~Murt

Thanks

Yes it was a bad MAF, borrowed one from a friend and mine was bad so I decided to buy a new one from the parts store, comes with a life time replacement if it goes bad,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for the help...seaya:) :) :) :)

>>Seems like alot of people are experiencing bad MAF sensors

The reason is that we all add cold air kits or different inlet tubes. And the one thing we don't do, that Buick did, was anchor the MAF down. So it now vibrates to death.

If you want your MAF to live longer bolt it to some kind of bracket attached to the car's frame.