HELP!! Annoying high pitch beep from dash??

BIGONTS

I've been chasing this down for a few days now and can't find where it's coming from. Have everything under the column apart and it seems like it's coming from there or higher near the dash??

Not too loud, but annoying enough. Constant beep?? Only are part throttle, during cruising. Goes away when I get on the throttle and accelarate. Does not matter if I'm in boost. However, when I'm coasting and get off the throttle, it goes away?? WTF?? Not at idle either.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks:confused::confused:

Rear hood snubber. About center of the engine bay, along the back wall of the engine bay, rubber, about an inch in diameter. Dab it with white grease and call it a day.

Otherwise, you'll take every last bolt out of your dash and STILL not find that squeak.

Rear hood snubber. About center of the engine bay, along the back wall of the engine bay, rubber, about an inch in diameter. Dab it with white grease and call it a day.

Otherwise, you'll take every last bolt out of your dash and STILL not find that squeak.

Thanks, but it's not a squeak. It more of a constant beep, something electronic for sure. ??:mad:

My door chime is on its way out and comes on then goes off and makes the most annoying pitch while I'm driving. Sometimes I'll hit it and the sound will go away but I should just pull it out and not worry.

Mine was a small speaker for the alarm system hooked to the steering column. Only would do it on start up... no idea why its there. Didn't want to cut it and mess with the alarm so I hit it with electrical tape !

My door chime is on its way out and comes on then goes off and makes the most annoying pitch while I'm driving. Sometimes I'll hit it and the sound will go away but I should just pull it out and not worry.

I thought it was that but it wasn't.

Mine was a small, high explosive pack of C4 bomb put there by my ex-wife....I'm glad I found it in time and I got a good watch out of the deal..:tongue:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Aah, an electronic type of noise....

Very few things that can cause that noise, but almost sounds like a relay chattering? Check the horn relay and if the car has factory anti-theft, look at that relay.