hellwig+hoosier=11.92

hensleyt

finally got my 11.90 time slip, I just could not get it to hook 1.628 60ft was all it took

Funny...I hadn't even heard of the hellwig bar until last night...

Good time! Congrats!

I have struggled for a year to get this car to hook I think the bar helped me get 1.62 60 and 11.9 1/4

Congrats on getting your time slip. I also switched to the Hellwig bar and with no other changes my 60 foot went from 1.76 to 1.62 on 255 tires.

Isn't the Hellwig bar smaller @ 1" compared to the ATR or Full Throttler bar @ 1 3/8" ?? Just wondering why you wouldn't go with the bigger bar

Isn't the Hellwig bar smaller @ 1" compared to the ATR or Full Throttler bar @ 1 3/8" ?? Just wondering why you wouldn't go with the bigger bar

I did have an ATR bar, 60' was a 1.76. Switched to the Hellwig bar, 60' was 1.62:cool:

Size isn't the big thing here, it's mounting location. The newer bars attach to the axle and the chasis, not the LCA's. It reduces bind and because it's attached to the chasis it make the bar a more intrigral part of the chasis so it controls the car better.

Agreed but the prices seen is this thread from what I can tell is the LCA mounted Hellwig bar. Does someone have a link for the axle mounted one or part number?? I couldn't find it on their website....??

Edit - Ok I believe the part is 55809

Hellwig 55809 I don't have the box But my instructions # 55809 there is a another thread floating around with some good Install photos