Hello

Giant Killer

Hello Everybody!
My name is Chris. I have been an avid Moparhead for most of my life. Until about 3 years ago. I had the privledge of driving a 1987 Grand National And since that point I have been smitten over them! I have been searching for a 87 hardtop that has not been modified. have been now for almost 2 years. I know I am getting closer to that peticular one that I want! I hope to meet a lot of people here who can give me information about these cars and possibly lead me to a nice 87!

Look in the cars for sale section, you will find something hopefully, there is alot of good reading on here, and alot of knowlegable people. good luck finding one.

TurboSpeed: Thanks! I will check out that section! I started reading some post this morning but there is so much info it is easy to get overwhelmed!

Hey Now Dabigguy! Thanks for the warm welcome! I Post this message from Chicago!

Hey guys, I Just returned home after getting a call on a Grand National on a car lot by my home. I went and looked at this one in particular which was an 86. It was an absolute resto project. It was a theft recovery car so the interior was missing and everything that was plastic was cracked. The frame was solid. the body had no rust but was missing certain parts. He wanted $7900.00 For it and I told him that it was just too much of a roach coach for that much money. PLUS, i told him that I really desired an 87 hardtop. Whereas he goes: " we have an 87 hardtop in the back lot of the building." I asked if I could take A looky-loo at it. He said no problem. SO We Go to the back Lot And I See This 87 hardtop just sitting there with 2 flat back tires. from a distance it looked OK but you could tell that it needed some TLC. It was an 87 hardtop and I was psyched! As I Approached This car I started to realize that I was not looking at an 87 Grand National:
IMG00076-1-1.jpg

Sorry guys, I Black out the front plate because it had the name and number of the dealer. This is a picture that I took with my blackberry. needless to say, I shat my pants. I don't know if this is an authentic car for I could not see inside the drivers compartment due to tinted glass. it has the vents on the sides, it has the flairs, it has the GNX wheels and differential cover. Could be a fake. The owner will be in tomorrow and I am going to find out what is what. Holy cow. Please Stay Tuned!......

Welcome to the darkside- definately worth checking the "87 GN" out!! You never know...

O SO LO: THanks! I always believed that you meet a better grade of people in the dark!

mat231v6: That is one hell of a resto you did in that video resulting in a beautiful car!

And About That 87 GNX I found:

holden_spraypaint.png

Welcome to TurboBuick.com, the biggest & the best of all of the turbo Buick forums / sites anywhere. & welcome to the Darkside, too.

what dealer was this? u wouldnt be talking about the one in halerm and 111th? auto titan i think is called. if so STAY away from that..;)...

Hey guys, I Just returned home after getting a call on a Grand National on a car lot by my home. I went and looked at this one in particular which was an 86. It was an absolute resto project. It was a theft recovery car so the interior was missing and everything that was plastic was cracked. The frame was solid. the body had no rust but was missing certain parts. He wanted $7900.00 For it and I told him that it was just too much of a roach coach for that much money. PLUS, i told him that I really desired an 87 hardtop. Whereas he goes: " we have an 87 hardtop in the back lot of the building." I asked if I could take A looky-loo at it. He said no problem. SO We Go to the back Lot And I See This 87 hardtop just sitting there with 2 flat back tires. from a distance it looked OK but you could tell that it needed some TLC. It was an 87 hardtop and I was psyched! As I Approached This car I started to realize that I was not looking at an 87 Grand National:
IMG00076-1-1.jpg

Sorry guys, I Black out the front plate because it had the name and number of the dealer. This is a picture that I took with my blackberry. needless to say, I shat my pants. I don't know if this is an authentic car for I could not see inside the drivers compartment due to tinted glass. it has the vents on the sides, it has the flairs, it has the GNX wheels and differential cover. Could be a fake. The owner will be in tomorrow and I am going to find out what is what. Holy cow. Please Stay Tuned!......

You seem to know a lot about Buick Cars and clones.......... Way to learn quickly:cool:

O SO LO: THanks! I always believed that you meet a better grade of people in the dark!

mat231v6: That is one hell of a resto you did in that video resulting in a beautiful car!

And About That 87 GNX I found:

holden_spraypaint.png

LOL, there are alot of GNX clones.

Gary Wells: Thanks For The Warm Welcome!:)

MrBuickgn86: YES! After the debaucle of That fake GNX, I could not have ran faster away from that sewer! Thanks for the heads up about that place though!;)

johndeeregn: Thanks! I was into Mopars before and bad clones were abundant. so I kind of developed the eye. :smile:

DailyDrifter: It amazes me that a person would try to clone a car like a GNX. I would imagine such aftermarket parts would be almost impossible to get. Especially McClaren documentation. only goes to show that there are cheats in every market! :smile:

If you can get the clone for a good price, buy it. We'll still talk to you, even if the guys in the GNX section won't. :)