hello! new to forum

84ttype510

hello there im new to the forum and i own a 84 hot air turbo.i have this car for couple years now, ran well and always had complements on the ride.this was till i blew out the head gasket when racing a stang on the 880 fwy, oh well.so i decided to do the engine rebuild along with the turbo. the short block was built and balance in a machine shop,so far the only small upgrades done is adj fp hotwire 307 fuel pump, pluged tb coolant lines,electric fan 30lbs injectors and the 87 coil pack. everything its put back in place, have taken it out for a spin ran it and its not pushin as i'm expecting.the vac/boost gauge sits on 15 to 20 vac and the boost just goes up 0 and seems its not boosting. do i need to adjust something? anybody with an idea? i need any help, i'll appreciate anything thanks.

Welcome,

Which boost gauge are you referring to, the stock dash unit or aftermaret? If the stock unit, They are known to fail. If aftermarket, which vac line did you tee into?

"adj fp hotwire 307 fuel pump, pluged tb coolant lines,electric fan 30lbs injectors and the 87 coil pack"

Your upgrades in fuel system are great starter choice, a must really even if you do nothing else to it.

I would also advise to upgrade the 86 ECM with a TTchip from TurboTweak.com

When you do get the Boost gauge working, You should only see about 12lbs, stock level we push.

^^^What he said as well as where are you located. Please go to your user controls and add your location so someone near you can help out.

Welcome! Was the only change from the time you blew the head gasket the engine rebuild? It's a good rule of thumb to just change one thing at a time if it's possible.

yes i have a aftermarket gauge and have the line tee off the vacuum block where the cruise plugs in

Welcome! Was the only change from the time you blew the head gasket the engine rebuild? It's a good rule of thumb to just change one thing at a time if it's possible.

yes its the first time doing the rebuild i was juice up when doing the change

"yes i have a aftermarket gauge and have the line tee off the vacuum block where the cruise plugs in"

Wrong place, Tee into the MAP sensor line or better FPR vac line. This should fix it.

I just moved my boost gauge vac line setup from the fuel pressure reg line to plug 7. The cost was $3.00 and ten minutes of my time. Thanks- Brad

thanks a dozen for the HELP to both of u. i installed the vac line into the plug 7 and notice the boost gauge go up. now i have known that these cars, to push up to 15psi and notice that my ride just went to 10psi and it just seems that it has the chance to push more but it seems to top out. any thoughts?

thanks a dozen for the HELP to both of u. i installed the vac line into the plug 7 and notice the boost gauge go up. now i have known that these cars, to push up to 15psi and notice that my ride just went to 10psi and it just seems that it has the chance to push more but it seems to top out. any thoughts?

I take it that your wastegate actuator rod is stock. In order to increase boost you need make the wastegate actuator rod adjustable. I would not advise doing this until you install a knock gauge. I made this mistake and it went knock knock BOOM. Brad