Hello from wny newb

Sumbeach86gn

Hello everyone!
Names Nate. So excited to join. I've been watching this great site for a couple weeks now and already learned a ton.
Lil history..... I bought a 86 gn back when I was 19. It was my pride and joy for many years. Things changed when I met my wife and then the kids came along. Mostly financially.
Well I didn't re register the car one spring and before I knew it seven years have gone by. Car ended up buried in the garage under all the typical clutter.
It's time! The kids are old enough to help a little and after finding motivation here I've uncovered the sleeping giant. I have a few sleepless nights already under my belt this week getting her ready to roar. I'll have many questions soon I'm sure. Thanks to all!

Nate,
Cool story. Take your time getting it back up and running. I'd add a zink additive when you change the oil. Your cam lobs will thank you after sitting for that long. Also pull the cam sensor and prime the oil pump before you start it. Here's some reading to get you started. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/
What state do you live in?

Happy Spooling.
Mike Barnard

Oh yea!

Welcome to the site.:)

Mike B.

Thanks a lot mike!
That's some great advise to get me started. I'll check out that link first chance I get. I'm in western ny. Unfortunately we only get a few good months to enjoy our rides. Positive side is the winter gives us plenty of time to work on em:D

Nate,
Lots of good people in your area, if you need a hand. :)

Mike B.