Hello from Europe

fog

Hi,

I'm building a Bu-n-tiac Fiero Grand National drag car and joined here for engine related information.

I have already completed a 3800 based turbo Fiero for weekend warrior, but now, a drag-only car is needed, since stakes are higher.

Few months ago, the engine choice was open, but forum member Vlzman who lives near here sold me the idea of using GN engine.

As for transaxle, I will be using THM-425 on reverse rotation form. It has BOP pattern already for the 109 block.

hello i think a gn engine in that small car would be a fun ride. keep us posted with pics.

hello i think a gn engine in that small car would be a fun ride. keep us posted with pics.

Well, Fiero is small, but heavy for it's size thanks to the spaceframe.
Before GN engine, I had 3 choices:
SBC+N, N/A BBC or wratever induction V6. All those are around 2200lb minimum weight that I'm aiming.

The idea was sold, due to fact, that the TH-425 will be reverse rotation and V6 shaves weight from behind the rear axle. That will give me better chances to actually get off the line rather than wheelie till 1/8 mark.

Hi Fog,

Glad to see you here. Hope you'll get the best advice from nice people around here.
He is the only guy in Estonia besides me who shares passion against fast Buick turbo V6. Good thing is that if there's two people with this engine then maybe some parts stores start to consider taking some buick V6 parts on the shelf so we don't have to order every gasket and bolt from US and waste half the paycheck for it. Hope we can whistle on the track next year together.

Welcome guys, glad to see folks from across the pond, hands down you cant beat the torque, theres some info on an L67 build (2nd generation 3800) in here somewhere.

Mike

Welcome to TurboBuick.COM, the biggest and the best of the turbo Buick forums / sites.