Hello From Central WI

Thank you. It looks better in the pic than it does in person though. The paint is starting to show its age, but, I hope to get it painted in spring. The Interior is SPOTLESS. The car has a little over 31k on it. I bought it right at the end of October.

Heres my interior...sorry about the crappy cell phone pic, its all I got:
IMG00064.jpg

As for Gauges, I have EGT, Boost, coolant temp, Fuel Pressure(doesn't work), and oil pressure. I really want a hood mounted fuell pressure gauge, but I have not been able to find one. Are they just a normal gauge, or is it a special one that holds up to the elements? I really want to get all new gauges. The gauges in the counsel pod each read two things, and I HATE them. I would also like to pic up a scanmaster, as you suggested.

The turbo is pretty decently sized, but it could be bigger :D. As for the brand of intercooler, I'm not really sure. I figured I would look into that more when I take apart the front end to swap grilles. I do know, however, that it takes up the better part of my radiator.

How fast do I want to go? Man, I can't really answer that. Say I went 10.30's. That would be AWESOME for a while, and then I would get bored and start saying my car is slow, and I would have to make it faster yet. It's an addiction I guess.

not familar with the fast system
the two lines arer by the wastegate is that a sneeze valve on the intake pipe?
go to any mech with a old snapon scanner and take it out and check reading on o2v and gety a fuel pressure gauge to see if its right. is the car throwing any codes at you? also if the car runs fine until it gets into boost check the hoses on the intercooler hoses as i had one loose and it run like shi*** until i fixed it.

He said he was running a FAST system. Advising him to get a scanmaster or other ALDL based scan tool like snapon isn't good advice, since the stock ECM and it's data are gone.

He will have all the data he needs once he gets a laptop hooked up to the FAST and monitors data that way.

not familar with the fast system
the two lines arer by the wastegate is that a sneeze valve on the intake pipe?
go to any mech with a old snapon scanner and take it out and check reading on o2v and gety a fuel pressure gauge to see if its right. is the car throwing any codes at you? also if the car runs fine until it gets into boost check the hoses on the intercooler hoses as i had one loose and it run like shi*** until i fixed it.

And he wont get codes either. Remember, the stock ECM is gone. You really need to bone up on the FAST (or other aftermarket engine managements systems) and then advise.

Hey Guys,

I've been cruising around here as a guest for some time now. I decided to finally register as I am about to start getting my car ready for the spring/summer.

I picked up my '87 GN in mid Oct. Its got a decent amount of mods, low miles, spotless interior, but needs paint. It's got a few hiccups under WOT after it warms up that I hope to get taken care of, and then its off to be painted. I will be sure to post up plenty of pics along the way. I can't wait to get it done though, under low boost on a bad tune, this thing still is pretty quick.

All in all, my life revolves around cars. I love them. I have been turning wrenches since I was about 10, and was plastering cut outs of cars from magazines on my wall well before that. Aside from the GN, I also have a mildly modded TrailBlazer SS that I am trying to get done before spring(got a few plans for it :D).

I hope to learn many things from this site. It looks like you guys have quite the community here. :cool:

Where are you in central WI? I'm a born and raised WI'nite. Richland County (West of Madison)

And he wont get codes either. Remember, the stock ECM is gone. You really need to bone up on the FAST (or other aftermarket engine managements systems) and then advise.

See, I had thought so. But, to be honest, I wasn't sure if it was just a piggyback system or not.

Where are you in central WI? I'm a born and raised WI'nite. Richland County (West of Madison)

I live in Wausau, but I have family in the Millwaukee and the Racine/Kenosha area.

told you i wasnt famialiar with the fast computer.
i guess some guys take it a little too seriously when the suggesion is wrong, just suggestion. for parts go to kirbanperformance.com as he has all kinds of stuff and ive never been dissap. for racing parts and info call bryan weber racing in ohio he got all my stuff and my machinist put it all together and it does run. i,m not a hardcore racer just take iot to the golf course and grocery store. would have bought a monte ss if they had 350 in them from the fact.
the reason i bought it in 1991 was it had a trunk and was rear drive. i guess if my car only does high 10 low11 times it isnt fast enough for some of the pros on the site also guess my totally stock tta with23k isnt any good either.
good luck if you need any more SUGGESTIONS just ask
chas52

LOL, I know! Good DA FTW! Like I said, my car has a few minor issues. The tank needs to be cleaned and I need a new fuel filter. I guess they didn't clean it when they welded the sump in, so theres a bunch of crap floating around in there that keeps clogging the filter. It also needs to be re-tuned....its running PIG rich right now. Also, I'm on horrible street tires, I can't hook to save my life. SO, I really can't have much fun with it right now.

Where in s. WI are you? I have family in the Millwaukee/Germantown/Racine area. I will be spending a lot of time at The Grove this summer with both the truck and the car.

i may see ya there sometime....
-dan

check us out too

Minnesota Grand National and T-Type Association

hi from MN:D