Hello all!

TommyV8

My name is Tom Van Doren; I just introduced myself in the Turbo Lounge but I thought I would come say hi to the Midwest guys here, particularly my St. Louis peeps. I don't have a Turbo Buick but I want one like my dad's '87 GN; hopefully I'll get one someday. Right now I am here to learn about these sweet machines and hopefully I'll see some of you guys around town. :)

Welcome to the dark side Tommy. ;)

Absorb as much as you can from the Tech Forums, but be careful, boost is addictive. :eek:

Yeah tell me about it! The first time I was in my dad's car when that turbo spooled up I wanted one in my car; Ls1s don't like the boost too much though, not to mention $$$.:(
Any of you guys go to Gateway International on Street Tire Test and Tune Tuesdays?

I usually go to gateway on tuesday nights and run. But here lately i have been working afternoons so i haven't been in a couple of weeks. I was there a couple of weeks ago and ran 11.73 at 120mph on drag radials, 93 octane with no mix and no alky on 18 psi of boost. That is leaving with 0 psi of boost off line. Hopefully i got that fix with new rear brakes and rotors. Next time i go out there i'll be in full race trim and some MT street ETs with about 26 to 28 psi of boost. With good weather and a good tune i should be in the 10s at 128mph. Hope to see you out there sometime.

Rob

Let us know when youre going Rob. Whether Im running or not, I'll be chearing ya on.
That black LS1 Camaro you contended with a couple weeks ago ran a 11.0 Tuesday. Not sure if that was his best run of the night, but I think it was. Ive got that run on my timeslip. I believe he finished 3rd to a Mustang and a S10 Blazer both in the 10.60s. I think the S10 won with a 10.60 in the final vs a 10.64 from the Mustang, very close. Seems they are getting a bit faster on Tuesdays......... street cars right :rolleyes: I think the LS1 Camaro is (although it gets trailered there) so no knock on him but as far as the other two, not sure. Anyhow come out in kill mode like you said, should be fun.

I don't think trailers should be allowed on street tire night, but that's just me. Maybe I'm just jealous.:mad:
Hey Rob, don't you hold the non-V8 record at Gateway?

Originally posted by TommyV8
I don't think trailers should be allowed on street tire night, but that's just me. Maybe I'm just jealous.:mad:
Hey Rob, don't you hold the non-V8 record at Gateway?
I don't know on the record.

I didn't know that i had the fastest time for a 6 cyl. Like i said over and over again, that was just on 18 psi of boost on 93 octane. Time to turn the wick up and get into the 10s:D . Yes Mark Brokaw is on the site. He lives about 5 minutes away from me. His car should be in the 11s with know problem. He still needs to put a lock up switch for his converter and turn the boost up some more.

Here try this: http://www.gatewaygsca.org/home.htm This is the website for the local Buick guys, I believe there is a meeting this Sunday by the way. Click on "Thunderdome" in the navigation bar to the left for the top times. I recall a few years back Dwight Hayden running 11.3s, David Day running 11.2s, and Scott Keller with a virtually stock setup running 12.1s and then 11.8s after adding a TA49. Granted alot of the guys have kind of fallen off the map over the past years and some just dont really come out anymore like they used to [and I wish they would], there are some guys that arent on the list such as Rob who has the fastest car with the most potential that Ive seen out recently (last year or so).
I wouldnt be surprised if Rob has the fastest non-V8 record at GIR since they started keeping track of times with the new program this year, which is what Im sure Bret is gathering his info from. Rob will probably better those #s before this year is over ;) . Other non-V8s to look out for that I know are very capable are at least one Thunderbird SC that I did see run upper 11's before, along with a couple Supras that were definately running the mph.

6SENSE, I'll be at the meeting this sunday with a couple of buddys of mine. In matter of fact Mark Brokaw and I were just talking about going this sunday. I 'll get my other buddy to go that has the White T. What time does the meeting start. Plus does it cost to join the club. If it does that is no problem on that.

Take Care,
Rob

Meetings are usually at 1:30. As far as dues, I think $15? Not sure.

I was just glancing at that webpage that I posted the link for and noticed the upcoming meeting for January 2003...... needlessly to say that site has not been getting updated regularly :rolleyes:

My dad is a member, his name is Mike Van Doren. The meetings are at Mike Christensen's place right? I was at a meeting there a few months ago, it was when that woman (very very attractive) from Gateway showed up to talk about the upcoming season. I got a copy of the GIR schedule. I may have met a couple of you guys there.:)

I'll be there with my convertible and my son will bring the GN unless it rains. If it's wet, I'll still be there! I know Scott wants to do more with the website and would really like to reunite the Buick guys in the area. There are a number of fast Buicks around and we should show up in numbers.

Anybody know where i can buy some C16 race fuel at. The guy i use to buy it from stop selling it by me.

Tom

Yep, it's blue with a white top and interior. There's a picture of it on the Gateway GSCA website. Thanks for the compliment!

Hello, im a GN owner in Belleville Il, had my car running for 2 weeks till the tranny went out, gonna try to rebuild it myself, then ill be at Gateway, hopefully in the 11's, might need to borrow some slicks though. Hope to see you guys sooooooon!!!!