Heater hose routes and items

Scarab

My car has no heater hoses on it, the engine was custom built and the heater was never hooked up. I cant find a diagram showing where the hoses go and what i need to replace what is missing. Does anyone know? I have nothing on there now except 2 ends from the heater core. I know there is some metal pipes that is supposed to go on the intake but Where does all the rest go?

here.

heater  hoses.jpg

That is a very helpful picture however, the outlet hose is a bit obscure. It shows the #2 hose connects into the #5 hose but, doesn't show where the #5 hose connects onto the engine. Is there any pictures or information on that location?

Thank you. It took me a while looking at my own engine and all the fabrications the previous owner made to find what I think is the same connection point on my vehicle. Unfortunately it looks like they have sensor in that location now. If I were to remove it I'd have no idea where it should be relocated to. Do you have any idea where the sensors are all located? The pic is what I found to look like yours. Also, the water pump has an "S" shaped hose coming out of the top and going back into it. Would you know if this is correct or some shortcut the previous owner took?
IMG_5577.JPG
IMG_5587.JPG

Must have a temp gauge in the car? If you look at the front shot of the manifold in the pic at the bottom of my post, you can see 2 sensors located just to the right of the nipple, cut off in the pic, and one more just above the nipple and a little to the right. These are the factory sensors.

I'm not sure of another place to put that temp sender, but I'm pretty sure you will need that hole for heater hoses. Definitely need it if you are going to use the factory hard piping.

The S hose is a factory item.

Heres a stock intake. U can see all the sensors in the correct place and the heater hard tube.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 202
I tossed that stupid heater pipe running across the manifold many years ago. I've just been running standard heater hose from the heater core to the appropriate fittings. You an install a 5/8" nipple into the manifold where you have that temp sensor. You can move that temp sensor to the front of the intake on the passenger side. For the other hose, I utilize the factory "S" hose as shown in the illustration above, and insert a 2" to 2.5" brass nipple, available at any parts store, into the end of it to accommodate the hose running from the heater core. That's it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all the helpful info. You guys know your stuff. The engine compartment of the car looks great with all that chrome. How many miles does the car have? Do actually drive it or only take it to shows? I see what you mean by removing the sensor and adding the nipple to be able to attach the hose from the core. The one thing I'm still slightly confused about is where you were saying to move the sensor to. In your explanation you mentioned moving it to the front passenger side of the intake. Unfortunately, that's where it already is taking up the space where I should be inserting the nipple. Any added help would really be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys for all the helpful info. You guys know your stuff. The engine compartment of the car looks great with all that chrome. How many miles does the car have? Do actually drive it or only take it to shows? I see what you mean by removing the sensor and adding the nipple to be able to attach the hose from the core. The one thing I'm still slightly confused about is where you were saying to move the sensor to. In your explanation you mentioned moving it to the front passenger side of the intake. Unfortunately, that's where it already is taking up the space where I should be inserting the nipple. Any added help would really be greatly appreciated.

My GN has about 175,000 miles on it. I drive it and show it as much as I can, but it's not a daily driver. The sensor you have pictured appears to be an idiot light sensor. What good is that? You need an after market water temp gauge and you can install the sensor/sender in the aperture in the front of the intake manifold where, now, the other idiot light sensor is. You can see it right in your photo, the last one, right under the boost hose.

My GN has about 175,000 miles on it. I drive it and show it as much as I can, but it's not a daily driver. The sensor you have pictured appears to be an idiot light sensor. What good is that? You need an after market water temp gauge and you can install the sensor/sender in the aperture in the front of the intake manifold where, now, the other idiot light sensor is. You can see it right in your photo, the last one, right under the boost hose.
For a 175k car, that engine bay looks like a tremendous amount of $$ and elbow grease. (y)