heater hose block off

1991syclone

The heater core is out of the car and I am doing some clean up on the engine. I am looking for ideas for a block off of the heater hose from the front of the engine, the one by the TB I think will just get a plug. Any ideas or vendor products?? I have even thought of running air equip line from front to TB, but thats a little hookie. Thanks.

I'm not sure what you're referring to? If you remove the heater hard lines you need a 1/2" pipe plug for the lower intake, plus 5 bypass caps:

heater inlet
heater outlet
throttle body inlet
throttle body outlet
water pump outlet

and 1 vacuum cap:

heater control valve

What exactly did you purchase from Cotton's?

strike

Yep, that stuff is all gone. All I was doing was from the manifold and the heater line at the pump. Thanks for the help though. I am just capping the 5/8 out of the pump and plugging the hole in the intake. I did not want to do the old bolt and clamp in a 5/8 line or a plumbing fitting in the manifold. I am shade tree enough, going for the "downtown" look.:wink:

I just phoned Cotton's and mentioned this post and the guy who took my call had no idea what I was talking about. He contended they sell no such kit. He agreed with me that you need a pipe plug for the lower intake and bypass cap for the water pump. So please do tell, what did you buy?

strike

Please talk to Jack, Tell him it is that Goodwin guy from Wapakoneta. He should be able to go from there. Jack may be out he was heading to IN for this weekend. The order should have gone last night or today, if you would like I can post a picture when it gets here. Got a billet fuel rail also and I am waiting to see what that looks like. I think it will be nothing but a rubber 5/8 cap and SS plug.

Well, let me know. I'm particularly interested in the water pump bypass cap (assuming that's what Jack supplies), if it happens to be longer than the standard HELP (or equivalent) bypass cap. The 1/2" pipe plug can be had anywhere, in various head styles and materials, and I suppose any will work just fine, but the bypass cap that seals the water pump outlet could be a little longer for better clamping..

Thanks.

Remove the fitting from the intake and screw in a 1/2 plug. Earl's makes a recessed allen plug that goes right in.

On the outlet for the water pump you have few choices:

-Install a generic rubber cap that you can get from an auto parts store (HELP section)
-Remove the timing cover and tap the inside of the nipple and install a plug
-Chop off the nipple and weld it up.

When I did mine, I went with the first one. My buddy did the second option.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com