Heater, AC, Blower No Worky??

Twil

Welcome to the DarkSide
Please Help....

I have no control of my Heater system, AC, or Blower Motor. I ran a hot line & a ground directly to the motor and it spun very fast. But using the controls on the dash do nothing! I need Heat at least - Ac is missing part but I got everything for a donor car last month. Need control of the vents an blower motor from inside the car - please help.....

Brandon

Check the 25 Amp. A/C fuse it must be good to work the blower motor.

Check the brown feed line at the A/C selector control head.

Brown/wht stripe wire should output power when the lever is moved to vent or heater or A/C.

Tan wire has power on 1st position, light blue on second sw. postion, Hi has power on orange lead.

Take the trim bezel off and the control head comes out with 4 screws I think.

Beyond the fuse, also check the red wire on the blower relay by the blower motor under the hood. This is the source of power from a fusible link. It should be hot all the time.

You can get access to most of the wires at the resistor plug under by the fan motor as well. Except I think the brwn/white wire changes to brown as it comes through the connector on the way to the resistor. That might save you from having to pull the head out unless the tests above show you the switch is bad.

That red wire to the fusible link only powers the high speed operation.

Check the brown wire at the resistors first and then pull the head.

After you check the fuse of course. :)

Update

Guys,

Thanks for the help.

Here what I have done today:

I checked the relay on the heater box under the hood. I was in bad shape to I removed the two screws to take a closer look. As I expected, one of the wires (Purple - to the blower motor) was not connected. After cleaning and connecting, I had complete fan control.

Problem #2:
It appears that the blower works but I only get cold air. And it only blows from under the dash. Every position blows at the same place (under the dash). No Def - No Vent - No Bi-Level. Took control panel apart and it looks normal. I cleaned the elect. connectors and re-installed - still no worky . If I move the Hot/Cold level the air blows faster and slightly colder on the Cold setting. Looks like the vent select is vaccumed controled (I think).

Any ideas to try next??

Brandon

Make sure you have vacuum to the A/C control head you had apart today.

There is a vacuum diagram in the service manual for the system. It might be on gnttype.org do a search over there for the info.

Do you hear any doors opening or vacuum sounds when moving from heat to vent say?

Car should be running/idleing to get some vacuum built up.