Heard a long loud whoooooosssssshhhhhh then no more power.

I had fixed the header seal and cracks prior to this issue, that was the before pic. Taking it all apart tomorrow time permitting. Puck, waste gate actuator all looked good. I'm certain that a piece of weld which I had ground down to be sure it wouldn't happen came loose and went through the hot side, my good friend had warned me about that being possibly. I'll know for sure once turbo is off. If I need a new turbo I'll be asking for advice on which to get to go with mods in my sig. Lucky for the car it is super clean and I'm a patient guy.

I killed a turbo that way...weld booger from inside a repaired header let go under boost and took out my turbine wheel...lost power and the turbo sounded like a big ol' blower more than a turbo....soooooo I bought me a PTE 6265 DBB and never looked back. ;)

I had fixed the header seal and cracks prior to this issue, that was the before pic. Taking it all apart tomorrow time permitting. Puck, waste gate actuator all looked good. I'm certain that a piece of weld which I had ground down to be sure it wouldn't happen came loose and went through the hot side, my good friend had warned me about that being possibly. I'll know for sure once turbo is off. If I need a new turbo I'll be asking for advice on which to get to go with mods in my sig. Lucky for the car it is super clean and I'm a patient guy.
I had that happen to a $1200 turbo....lesson learned the hard way...buy new headers after a certain point!!!

Turbo is out, this is what I found, it's F#%&$* for sure. Included is a pic of my buddies 66 Chevy II with Buick turbo power, runs 9's. So next step is a new header / headers and a new turbo so I'll be looking for some suggestions, mods are in my sig. I have however checked my stall and it's 3,400 at 0 psi of boost with the trans brake. If any of you guru's could recommend a turbo and where to get I would appreciate it. I need one very soon so I can put this thing back together. If I can buy a header or headers from the same vendor would be great. I'd need them to ship to Ogdensberg NY, about 45 min drive from my place so I save a bit of money on duty and the brokerage fees. it's a pain being in Canada, the shipping brokerage, duty eats up my parts budget.

Attachments

• IMG_3352.JPG
    IMG_3352.JPG
    447.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3353.JPG
    IMG_3353.JPG
    456.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3359.JPG
    IMG_3359.JPG
    429 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3366.JPG
    IMG_3366.JPG