Heads

bigdwg03

Does anyone make a cylender head that uses studs and small block chevy rocker arms? Edelbrock did it with their new 455 heads why not the v6? It would save everyone money on buying a shaft set up....

I've heard that aluminum heads crack under high boost any truth to that? What about factory iron heads with rocker studs? What would be the best castings to get?

The fastest Buicks run aluminum heads. Stage 2 heads are aluminum and have gone 6s. Do you plan to make enough boost to run faster than that? I'd give Champion Racing Heads a call. I don't know if they machine the pedestals off of iron heads and set them up for stud type rockers or not but if it can be done they can do it.

Does anyone make a cylender head that uses studs and small block chevy rocker arms? Edelbrock did it with their new 455 heads why not the v6? It would save everyone money on buying a shaft set up....

As was stated, the Scorpion rockers can be used on some Buick V-6 heads, but they do not have the correct geometry to fit and work well. :eek:

The only reason to use them is to save a few $$$, but at a sacrifice of performance and reliability.

I've heard that aluminum heads crack under high boost any truth to that? What about factory iron heads with rocker studs? What would be the best castings to get?

The old M&A and Champions gave aluminum heads (for Buick) a bad name. They were known for cracking. TA Aluminum heads are the best out there, you might spend a few bucks more, but you will be ahead of the game in the long run.

Back on topic, it is beyond me that anyone would compromise cheap over strength.