heads up, bestbuy vs. bestbuy.com

NCC1701

I just had an interesting experiance regarding there pricing policy?
bestbuy physical store locations will NOT price match the bestbuy.com website prices.
I found a audio video switcher that is normally $30 in the store on sale for $15 on the website. I went to the local bestbuy and they knew nothing about it. The sales person told me to bring a copy of the item with that price and they would price match it. So I did and after waiting in the return/customer service line they told me that they do not price match the website period.
After I explained that their salesperson told me they would, again they said there was nothing they could do. So I asked to speak to the store manager.
Eventually aftetr waiting them out the agreed to price match but made sure to tell me that they don't normally do this.

but they did admit that if you ordered it online and use the option to pick it up at your local store they do honor the online price. so be careful:)

Caveat emptor: Let the buyer beware

I have similar experiences with big box type stores, if you wait long enough or talk to a high enough manager I am sure you will always get what you want.

With Breast buy you can also order online and pick it up at the store. That's what I have done with a TV.

Do they add the shipping cost to the price if you order it on-line but pick it up at the store?

ks:cool:

Beware on their price matches if it involves a rebate.

Circuit city had a puter on sale with a 150 mail in rebate.Well after getting no help at circuit after standing around for 45 minutes I skipped and went to wrong buy.Same puter with same rebate only a 100 more.So i told the numb nutz, "hey they have it for this do u price match?"So after some running around to make sure i wasnt your typical skum bag white trash liar he says, "yep can do".So i ask said numb nutz about the rebate which he then calls the GM over who says yes they honor the rebate.Um two scumbags in cohoots I say!!!!! Clearly printed on the back of the receipt it says NO REBATES WILL BE GIVEN ON PRICE MATCHED ITEMS.I didnt bother to read that part until it was time to fill out the rebate crap.My roids have been burning ever since from the good !@#$$ I got and I'm still not happy about it.

I got the GM's addy though and am going to egg the beejeebees out of his house like some 15 year old punk would do.It wont get my rebate but will damn sure make me smile.:D

Yeah I found out about them not price matching their own website so then we asked if we could just order it from the site and say have it delivered to the store and we just pick up the one on their shelf for the price and they told us that they DON'T have internet access in store. Whish is complete bull****. Then we started talking to this guy who was there that used to work at Best Buy but now worked for HP and was working ons omething for them and he bipassed their BS stuff and took us online to order it. Then we took the order confirmation page and printed it then took it to customer service and they told us that we had to have the confirmation email printed not the order confirmation. Needless to say we left empty handed and very pissed.

They send back an email with a # on it to complete the order that you need to bring when you go. No shipping charges. I had no problem (other than the slow service).

Do you have to pay local sales tax when you order it online and pick it up locally?

If the answer is yes and there's no shipping, that would be pretty cheap on its own.

Originally posted by Brian Schauder

I got the GM's addy though and am going to egg the beejeebees out of his house like some 15 year old punk would do.It wont get my rebate but will damn sure make me smile.:D

Egg the house?

You do know you' re an idiot right?

Because you appear to think so?

No not at all.I could care less what you think because you and your opinions have no value to me.

Because you appear to think so?

No not at all.I could care less what you think because you and your opinions have no value to me.

Wasn't asking if you cared what I thought....I just wondered if you knew you were an idiot? Apparently not.

No sales tax in NH so I can't answer that one.

No What I am complete aware of is a self centered,egotisical a$$ who thinks he can pass judgement on someone because he deems it neccessary or appropriate in his pea brained mind.Then again you already knew that since it is you.You know nothing about me,or of what you speak blownz.

No What I am complete aware of is a self centered,egotisical a$$ who thinks he can pass judgement on someone because he deems it neccessary or appropriate in his pea brained mind.Then again you already knew that since it is you.You know nothing about me,or of what you speak blownz.

Well...you made it pretty easy for anyone to be able to pass judgement when you said you were going to go egg some guys's house over your rebate deal.

After making that statement...you calling anyone pea brained is...well.....amusing.

but they did admit that if you ordered it online and use the option to pick it up at your local store they do honor the online price. so be careful

Why do they waste everybodies time, including their own, with trying to get us to pay more? They act like it's their money! Give the price to the customer and be done with it!!!!!!!!! They are going to have to do it anyway so why the hassle? It's makes ZERO sense
:rolleyes:

Well good

Then we are both amused,and entertained as well.

I am not calling you pea brained.I am merely stating that you are pea brained.Big difference.I also made my statement based upon knowledge and fact.For only someone with a brain so small would make the comment,
You do know you' re an idiot right?
with having no knowledge of the person to whom you are making the statement.Knowledge is the key to the universe mr blowz,and you are in dire need to aquire some.

BlownZ

Get over it, the guy got screwed over and if he wants to say he will egg the guys house so what. At least he isn't throwing out bomb threats or something.

Originally posted by Ted A.
BlownZ

Get over it, the guy got screwed over and if he wants to say he will egg the guys house so what. At least he isn't throwing out bomb threats or something.

AH, but 'blowing' seems to like starting **** all around in here, obviously someone with alot of free time!

Sorry to get back on topic...:rolleyes:

If you want the online price, then just go to the laptop area, get online and order it for local pickup (assuming the store has inet access like they do here).

You may now return to your regularly scheduled name calling.:p

PS - If they make a big deal out of the confirmation, tell them that your printer is busted - it works for me.