heads gascket question

tybob

hi i just buy a tta today whit a blow off heads gascket ! it is the same as a tr's
i just ask to order the parts before i remove everything :cool: thanks

if its stock ..yes same as the gn's
if not stock you may want to wait to see whats in there first

also going to need an intake pan gasket (felpro MS 90633 )
and if head bolts are stock or your unsure you'll need new head bolts and teflon thread sealer

if it was a stock gasket and it blew into the valley youll also want to drop the oil pan clean it out and clean or replace the oil pickup of all the graphite fibers
so add a pan gasket and an oil pickup to your list

hopefully it didnt mix green antifreeze in with the oil or youll be doing the bearings soon too

btw dropping the pan on those TTA's is alotta fun , youll need to raise the motor

thanks guys ,

only a heads gascket on the intake side ,no antifreeze in oil and all stock for the moment :biggrin: alky in the summer julio :D

robert from quebec

Graphite goes into oil and can clog oil pump pickup screen. Better check and be sure.

thanks guys ,

only a heads gascket on the intake side ,no antifreeze in oil and all stock for the moment :biggrin: alky in the summer julio :D

robert from quebec
julio do you have the parts number for arp studs ! do you recomand the cometik heads gascket ! i want run low-mid 11" i have a lot of good gn parts on the desk :biggrin: thanks:cool:

yeah ill check to make sure if thay have no grafite in oil pan is winter time ill remouve the engine and refresh them for the summer at the same time ....