Headlight harness

just plain john

El Camino a Go-Go!
I changed my fuseblock to the GN unit. That will require me to use the GN headlight harness. Hi/lo, park and turn all look to be plug and play, but there's some connections that don't match. at either end of the harness around the lights there's a 2 pin weatherpack connector. Since it is a weatherpack connection, I assume it's some kind of sensor circuit, but I really am just guessing. M headlight harness 002.jpgheadlight harness 001.jpgheadlight harness 004.jpgheadlight harness 003.jpgoving up to the firewall, theres a single tan/white wire that looks like it is pushed on. This connection exists in my El harness, but I don't know where it goes. There's a 2 wire connection (yellow and violet) and a four pin connector (yellow wire jumps from the 2 wire plug to the 4 wire). My donor vehicle had cruise, but the wire lays out like the 2 wire connector should go to the wiper motor but the fitting is different, although still 2 wire. I'd also appreciate some guidance on routing the harness around the header panel.

I believe the first picture and last picture are both wiper motor connections.

Second picture, I have no clue.

Third picture, might be the plug in for the charcoal canister.

Hope that helps!

Third pic does not appear to be for the charcoal canister, it's part of the engine harness. That connector shown is also on the other side of the car, for a total of two of them.

John, the second pic is the brake combination valve wire. Hooks up to the combination (or also called a proportioning valve) mounted on the frame below the firewall. THe other ones I would have to look up on a schematic. Maybe John Spena can help out here. He knows EVERYTHING about GN wires. He's probably forgotten more than I know.

John

I upgraded all headlight wiring to a heavier gauge. The original wiring was way too small to even operate the original sealed beam lights & I run 100 watt bulbs.

I admire your effort there Roger, but I'm just trying to get the harness connections identified at this point as well as how it's routed in the engine bay. Future plans do call for a headlight HID upgrade, and it may warrant a wire gauge upgrade at that time. Did you have to re-pin the fuse block connector?