Headers

blackclone

ok guys here is the question i have gone through a set of stock headers then a set of postons now time for a new set need suggestions is 1K for TA headers worth the money or are there any others just as good for less?

The TA stock replacements are nice! I may try the se style from TR Custom Parts if they come down to $400 lol

blackclone said:
ok guys here is the question i have gone through a set of stock headers then a set of postons now time for a new set need suggestions is 1K for TA headers worth the money or are there any others just as good for less?

I just found out that my Kenne Bell headers will not fit my 3.5 inch downpipe without modifying the crossover. I do not want to cut them up. If your interested...send me a PM. They are very very nice and were going to be on my new stroker. I'm pissed they won't work!!!

Flow wise, nothing is really an improvement over stockers.. if you want stainless because of rust / cracking issues, that is the only advantage.

Why not just get a set of used stock ones then weld them up good? I found some great ones that were already welded for cheap and I expect these to last a looong time as-is.

ks

I picked up the SE style from Mark and only major issue I had was getting the crossover to seal. Once I got that worked out, they have been good to me so far. Had a minor issue with header to steering shaft clearance but that was more specific to my car.

Been running them since August or so. Not a daily driver tho. I have a 3" external Wastegate pipe and they fit fine.

best thing to add is if you go with aftermarket headers to get 1/2 inch flange headers, to help with not blowing gaskets at high boost, and get a good set of copper gaskets that cant blow, and if you have GN1 heads dont use stock bolts, use studs with nuts so you dont have to keep torqing down the oem studs over and over as I had to with stocker gaskets that kept blowing

I installed the the TA stock replacements yesterday. Excellent product. The only problem I had was that the #5 header tube was contacting the steering shaft, possibly because I have hr motor mounts. I used a ball peen hammer to dimple the #5 tube and I installed them without a gasket, only a thin smear of ultra copper around each port. Not using the gaskets also gained me just a little bit of clearance from the steering shaft. I probably could have loosened the motor mounts and tried to move the engine slightly. No exhaust leaks and sounds great.