Header ?

latebrkr

Ok so I'm looking through the stuff I got spare when I bought the car and I had posted a pic of some headers and piping that I got with the car here about a month or so ago. Someone told me that the set up was a KB kit so my question is there are 2 Y pipes one is 2" and the other is 21/4"-23/8" and the up pipe is 2" and the down pipe is 21/4-23/8" so why would I have 2 different size pipes? Did the kits come that way? All this stuff is brand new never bolted on so I'm confused. Also it looks like the header with the 02 bung will be on the driver side now???

Hate to say it but post the pic again please. I save certain pics and lost all of them when my puter crashed.

Ok will do as soon as I get home. Just a little baffled why I have so many parts to one system and where in the hell they all go? Another question I'm trying to fund a new motor is there any thing of the stock motors that are worth selling? I have just about one if not two or some things 3 of I need to sell?

Before you decide what to sell you need to nail down a plan on the engine. After market rods? Forged pistons of what kind? Decide what you need to keep and get rid of the rest. Simplest thing you can do.

Thanks Kid. Forgot about which version of the HA headers he had. It would take way to much to make them work on a HA engine. These are just like the infamous Hookers. Either run them as NA or sell them to some one that is willing to modify them to work.

They are so long that they are only good for max built cars. The legnth of them slows the spool of the turbo way down. Works well only at high RPM like 4-7 grand.

So either I spend a ton of money on a max built motor or spend a ton on a new set of headers. i have 3 sets of stock ones are they any good?

Stock are somewhat restrictive but work ok for most applications. Just make sure they're not cracked first. If you are will to spend the cash I believe G body is trying to make a set fot the HA cars now and are waiting on a relase. I believe they'll be around $500 or so according to Brian.

Well I want to buy Brent's turbo so stock probably isn't a option? What kind of money is my whole set up worth? Just a guess is fine

I should pull my headers and up-pipe and sale that as well. Hummm...

Ok here they are.

Attachments

• IMG_5788.jpg
    IMG_5788.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_5790.jpg
    IMG_5790.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_5789.jpg
    IMG_5789.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5791.jpg
    IMG_5791.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 138
^ wow, different ID pipes. probably to help with spool and flow. humm

Looks like you have enough to use it for either a HA car or an IC car. I'd keep the down pipe for yourself and see if you can get like 100 for the rest. The down pipe is worth at least that much by itself.

Oh I would shoot bottle rockets out of them before I sold them for 100 bucks. lol I will save them and just build a motor that needs that much header if thats all there worth. Should be ok on a 4.1 with my ported heads and all roller motor.

I'd keep the down pipe for yourself and see if you can get like 100 for the rest. The down pipe is worth at least that much by itself.

Oh I would shoot bottle rockets out of them before I sold them for 100 bucks. lol I will save them and just build a motor that needs that much header if thats all there worth. Should be ok on a 4.1 with my ported heads and all roller motor.

Yeah....go ahead and sell them for 100 so a short time later you can see those same headers being resold for 4-500.00. Any aftermarket header no matter what the design is better than the stock set up...period!!! The only difference with these was the problem with the slow spool do to the size of the tubes that required tons of volume to fill them up. You have a set with smaller tubes use them and sell the other set. If you're gonna sell them for 100.00 I'm first in line!!!!

Ya I gotta beleive ya on this. I'm new to the GN but aftermarket headers no matter what kind of car are always worth more than a stock set.I have 3 sets of stock ones and gotta beleive all fixed up they gotta be worth atleast 50-75 a pair. Just a stab in the dark but maybe more maybe less?? Maybe I will run across someone that is building a motor that needs them ya never know with the internet these days.