Header or exhaust manifold gaskets

89ICBM

Howdy all!

A while back someone posted a part number for some copper exhaust header gaskets that came off of a front wheel drive car. Can anyone update me on this part or give me a heads up on how to find these gaskets that fit our heads and headers? Thanks!

in all my years with TTAs I have never had a gasket on them ..just like the factory :biggrin: soooo why do YOU need them >>> the wheel is round :p

Grumpy said:
in all my years with TTAs I have never had a gasket on them ..just like the factory :biggrin: soooo why do YOU need them >>> the wheel is round :p

Howdy Grumpster!

I don't! You remember Sergio from the list dontcha. Well he gave me a call and said he found that the pas side header was leaking bad, discolorin his plugs on that side, said it was quite obvious that there was a leak. He took the header off and straight edged it and it is warped. So he asked me about gaskets. The **** has them but that's $35 to sign up and $80 for the gaskets. I just remembered that someone had posted here that there was a gasket that could be purchased from an auto parts store. Hey! If you don't mind leakin headers that kewl by me. :eek:

I'd just buy another set :p my # is bla bla bla :biggrin: ok back under my rock :cool:

"I'm Hommmmme" :biggrin:

Why not just take the header to a machine shop and have them mill it flat.. and then install them with RTV and retighten after they've been heat cycled..

Cant make up warpage with gaskets.. cant have gasket take 1600+ degree's..

Ju know wha I mean ;)

Fel Pro MS93046

My passenger side header is warped and I have been using these for the last 4 years with no problems, just have to make sure after you put them on to retighten them as you warm the motor up and once again after it cools down otherwise they tend to let go real quick. Doing that they last me the whole season no problem(200+ passes a year plus lots of street miles), but I've never left them in more than one year scince I always find some reason to pull them during the winter :)

HTH,
Steve