Header gasket problems

Slowhawk

Last year the front pass side header gasket kept blowing out and I replace it with Felpro's.This year I got the engine rebuilt and it runs great for a day then the damn gasket blows again.(copper this time and different head).The car has older ATR headers and ran great for the day till the gasket goes.What options do I have?I'm thinking the header flange is just getting stressed causing it to leak and then blow it out.This is real aggrivating.I'm actually thinking of buying another set of headers:(

Anyone run into this?

The bolts are extremely tight,so they didn't back out.

The header flange could very well be warped. Pull the header and get the flange straightened out on a big belt sander.

having the bolts "very tight" could very well be your problem. You have to tourque them to factory spec which i beleive is 37 ftlb. overtightening will warpt eh flanges and cause leaks, therefroe blowing out ur gasket

I do belive it is warped.The gasket has been blowing out since I got the car,so it's been this way for awhile now.The bolts were tightened at the shop,now I just pray they don't break in the new heads trying to get them out:(

Well it looks more like a header problem now.By looking at the indentations on the gasket the header is actually on the edge of the head mating surface.So it only seals like 1mm which causes these leaksNow I'll look into my options of maybe having the header realigned/welded or maybe a new header setup.I can not stand header leaks!