Header Flanges

Mike E

Mr. Badwrench
I'm going to have some stage 2 header flanges water jet cut locally. I'll be getting the profile water jet. The tubing holes and bolt pattern will be machined. They will be made from 3/8" thick mild steel..

While I'm having them cut I can have extras made for anyone that is interested. The prices woud be:
1 5/8" will be $50 per flange
1 3/4" will be $55 per flange

stageflange.jpg

That's awesome Mike, I will take one 3/4". Let me know where to send the money.

Thanks
Prasad

I'll ship them flat rate from the post office for $10.95. Send paypal to edwardsmt@gmail.com

I'm going to keep this offer open until Thursday or Friday before I make my order to the water jet guy. I expect it to take a week or two to get everything finished up after that.

Consider making them 1/2 thick. The stock ATR's are made from 3/8 and warp. Ended up replacing them with 1/2 flanges.

Allan G.

Consider making them 1/2 thick. The stock ATR's are made from 3/8 and warp. Ended up replacing them with 1/2 flanges.

Allan G.

Hey Allan,

You think the 3/4" will be ok? would that get in the way of anything?

Thanks
Prasad

Allan G.

Were the ATR's stainless flanges? If so, thats probably why they warped.

I can do 1/2" no problem. It might bump the price $2-$3 per flange.

Were the ATR's stainless flanges? If so, thats probably why they warped.

I can do 1/2" no problem. It might bump the price $2-$3 per flange.

I can't remember exactly but I think they were mild steel. Only the passenger side warped and I think it's because of the excessive heat and weight of the turbo.

Allan G.

Hey Allan,

You think the 3/4" will be ok? would that get in the way of anything?

Thanks
Prasad

Do you mean 1 3/4 tube or 3/4 thick ? The ATR's were made with 1 7/8 tube with 3/8 flanges and tube is to big IMO.

Allan G.

Stage 2 Header Flanges

About 3 years ago I sent Jason Cramer (RJC Racing) a used ATR S2 header flange to make some 1/2" replacements for our Buick community. These flanges are on the RJC website under part # RJC-HHF-S2 for $40 each. I have used them on my car while also spacing the header tubes an additional 1/2" for header bolt clearance.

It's up to 7 flanges so far. All of them are 1 3/4" or larger, so I'm going to cut the 1 5/8" size out to save a little cost. They will be 1/2" thick so that adds back that little bit of cost.

1 3/4" tube, 1/2" thick are still $55
anything with larger tubes is $60.

I'm going to order flanges Thursday morning and need to know by then who wants what.

Fatride called him and he is out of stock, that's why I'm making some.

I called them several months ago and they told me that they are about few weeks out then I called again about 5 weeks ago ....same result!

Prasad:cool:

I called them several months ago and they told me that they are about few weeks out then I called again about 5 weeks ago ....same result!

Prasad:cool:

I bought a set a while back to replace the 3/8 ATR flanges. They where very nice but only offered in the 1 7/8 tube.

Allan G.

After getting the runaround from the shop that was going to water jet cut the flanges, I switched to another shop that cut the blanks with a high definition plasma. I finished the first batch today and I'll finish the rest tomorrow. NEVERLIFT, these are yours and will go out Monday.
CIMG0816.jpg

On my heads. The ports on my heads are pretty large and these fit them pretty much perfectly with 1 3/4" tube.
CIMG0818.jpg

port size for reference.
CIMG0819.jpg

I'm making one another order for flange blanks today. So far I've got 4 more sets to make and I'm ordering 1 spare set. Does anyone else want any?

I've got three sets of flanges left over from my last run. $110 a set plus shipping.