Header coatings in SC?

christians87

Does anyone know of a place in South Carolina, preferably in the up state, to get headers coated in a high heat coating that will not flake? Im tired of paint always flaking off everytime I paint them :mad:!

There should be some powder coaters in the Myrtle Beach are that have a hi-temp coating they can spray--maybe check out the phone book. We have a couple here in Wilmington, I just had some stuff by one i would rec. just north of Wilmington(Holly Ridge actually) called Area 51. Let me know if you would like their contact info.

Geoff

Thanks ghall, im going to try and find a place closer to home but if I have no luck ill come to you. I have heard there is a Jet Hot place in Charlotte.

OOps, i thought Laurens was just outside of MB---wrong. I just did a quick google search for powdercaoters in Greenville and 3-4 came up. You should try to give them a call and see who offers high-temp coatings.
Good luck,

Geoff

Looks like there is maybe 4 or 5 of us TR owner's here in SC that are active on the Board..........Hmmmmm....................Beer and BBQ at my place this May!............Who's Game? :biggrin: We had mentioned getting together before, maybe Myrtle Beach where Turbomonte2 lives. Be nice if we were closer. I get tired of being an "Outsider/Bastard Child" with the local car clubs and their non TR cars...................any of you ever feel that way?

Got a detail gun and a blast cabinet do it yourself. The detail gun is inexpensive, the blast cabinet is not but the ceramic isn't that expensive.

Looks like there is maybe 4 or 5 of us TR owner's here in SC that are active on the Board..........Hmmmmm....................Beer and BBQ at my place this May!............Who's Game? :biggrin: We had mentioned getting together before, maybe Myrtle Beach where Turbomonte2 lives. Be nice if we were closer. I get tired of being an "Outsider/Bastard Child" with the local car clubs and their non TR cars...................any of you ever feel that way?

If this happens in the summer let me know ... alot of nice things to look at in the summer @ the beach :D ... Ive got to go to the beach this weekend with my daughter for her dance comp.

I didnt know there were such thing as a high temp powder coating but ill call around to find out. I usually take my gn to the run to the sun car show in myrtle beach every spring. Its a great show.

one thing to try on those parts that get hot that you do not want to spend the money on a coating is "Weld through primer" you can get it at any welding or parts house. We get the silver and it works very well with turbo housings and does not flake off. you have to be careful with greasy fingerprints as it is hard to clean them off without cleaning off the paint but other than that it works great. it does not offer the heat barrier like the coatings but is sure makes the stuff look good and lasts.

hope this helps.

Does anyone know of a place in South Carolina, preferably in the up state, to get headers coated in a high heat coating that will not flake? Im tired of paint always flaking off everytime I paint them :mad:!

Hey Christian,
Stone's Machine Shop used to do high temp coatings. You might give them a try.

Let me know if you put something together in the Upstate, I'll try to make it.
Bob

Let me know if you put something together in the Upstate, I'll try to make it.
Bob

Will do...seems like we were going to get together awhile back and nothing ever came out of it. But a get to gether is something we should do for sure, all the guys in SC and whomever else is interested. :)

Let me know too, sounds fun.
Bob you wouldn't happen to have their number would you?
Thanks Jason i've never hurd of that primer but will look into it.