Head swap question

You'll need mounts, swap the a/c airbox for a non a/c one, and grab either a specific TTA harness or splice the GN one in.

You could grab a set of 3.0L fwd heads with tta headers. They pop up from time to time. Your compression will go up slightly, but shouldn't have a problem.

I run GN spec J&E's with the tta heads and the compression is right around 9to1. Then all you'll need later is to get the lines to hook up the a/c.

The GN setup will be easier for you, and maybe cheaper in the long run....

fl89tta said:
The original motor spun the timing chain, bent a few pushrods, nicked a few pistons, and needs plenty of work, The water passages are all clogged. I'm going to completely go thru original motor, but its gonna take me some time, I need the car mobile, cuz right now its sitting outside(yuk). And I want to get it running so i can garage it. I'd like to rebuild the original motor. I got the new motor cuz its the only thing I could find anywhere. It is a turbo block(has the oil drain hole). Where would the engine casting numbers be found? I want to have a spare motor to play with. Rebuild the original motor, and use the other for racing, I've been reading this board awhile, I'm trying to learn all I can about the TTA. I really do appreciate all the help everyone here has given me. So, my problem now is What do I do now? Thank you.

If its a GN motor, then slam a set of TTA heads on it and your done.

Compression will be higher, and it will detonate at a lower boost. So 11-12 PSI you may be done.

If the crank is not damaged on your TTA motor, take it apart.. clean/tank it.. reassemble.. go with it. Unless the damage to the pistons is severe. And you'll need a valve job from the impact.

I doubt all pistons got whacked.. maybe replace just the one that did the worst.. and a lot of times a simple rehone/re-ring.. badabing..