head or intake gasket?

gteatr6

White smoke from exhaust, gets fairly bad when temp reaches 180. I was messing around and temp reached 204 on scan tool. I reved it, and then white smoke started. I know it is coolant. I have the intake off now, but do not see any good sign that it was leaking. No water in oil. When I drained the coolant, I started the car and no smoke. This motor has like 600mi on her. I have arp studs and used liquid teflon on the threads. I really do not want to pull the heads, but again I do not want to put the intake back on and have the same problem. My compression checked 145 on all but number 6, whiched checked out to 140lbs. Plugs look almost new still, not wet at all. Any advise would be great!!!

The best thing to do,was when the engine was complete,use a radiator pressure pump,pump up to about 16lbs...and let it sit about 30 mins,,remove the spark plugs,and have someone watch while you crank the engine...if any coolant comes out of any of the spark plug holes..you have a cracked head,or bad head gasket....if it's a bad intake gasket,you most likely will see coolant when you pressurize it...before turning it over

id say intake, my white smoke problem and loss of coolant problem went away after i changed the intake gasket. Usually when its a head gasket you will have milky oil and driveability will be horrible

So should I continue the tear down and take the heads off, or should I gamble and put the intake back? I love these cars. This is my 4th gn. I am almost ready to trade her off. I am just getting tired of the maintance. Boost is power, but also money when *hit brakes. This car has 39,000 actual mi on it, mostly track. It needs paint and really a windshield due to rocks from the track. Should I sink more money in it, or selll/trade?