Head gaskets ??? Cometic's or 1007's

Donnie, I believe that you are. my blower guy (professional blown engine builder) wants me to be at 300 deg EGT @ idle and 900 deg EGT at end of 1/4 mile pass :eek: needless to say that flat wont work for me!! I am now sneaking into the high 1200 deg on EGT which scares him to death, but he shakes his head at the results. all these big blown setups use massive rods which help with the bending forces going on inside the engine. buicks dont have the room to use these types of rods and I have yet to find an ignition that would come close to the out put of a 44 amp mag (but im working on it) my cam 114 Lc , seat duration @ .020 is 339 / 339:eek: mike
Everything your saying makes perfect sense. Is that the same cam specs you used with the other compression ratios?

Donnie, I believe that you are. my blower guy (professional blown engine builder) wants me to be at 300 deg EGT @ idle and 900 deg EGT at end of 1/4 mile pass :eek: needless to say that flat wont work for me!! I am now sneaking into the high 1200 deg on EGT which scares him to death, but he shakes his head at the results. all these big blown setups use massive rods which help with the bending forces going on inside the engine. buicks dont have the room to use these types of rods and I have yet to find an ignition that would come close to the out put of a 44 amp mag (but im working on it) my cam 114 Lc , seat duration @ .020 is 339 / 339:eek: mike
Massive overlap to keep the cylinder pressures in check. That's far more than my advertised. :eek: What are you revving that monster too? Your stroke?

Donnie, I believe my old cam was 329/329 on 114 CL. 3.750 stroke i shift on a timer so a couple times the car made big gains in rpm before the shifter activated it has been at 8400 a couple times I prefer 7800 or less. but it is capable of 9500 :eek: but im not planning on pushing that!!

Donnie, I believe my old cam was 329/329 on 114 CL. 3.750 stroke i shift on a timer so a couple times the car made big gains in rpm before the shifter activated it has been at 8400 a couple times I prefer 7800 or less. but it is capable of 9500 :eek: but im not planning on pushing that!!
Wow! I'd love to hear that make a run. :p