head gaskets and head bolts or studs?

Burner

I have been reading about RJC, Commetics and felpro head gaskets.My car is stock, once in awhile 100 octane other than that no mods also should I have the heads resurfaced before they get installed or would the straight edge be close enough?? Thanks for your time

head sealing

Hi,
What are your plans for the car? If you don't plan to run a big turbo and lots of boost,then go with the Felpros and ARP bolts. Have a cleanup cut done on the heads if there is any surface variation over .002 or so. Make sure your machinist has proper equipment that gets the head surface VERY smooth,no coarse grinding allowed!
If you want to go with a better gasket and fasteners,you should build the rest of the motor for it. Better to blow a head gasket than break something else under high boost. By the way,I hear that Cometics have some seepage trouble,or at least used to. That MLS stuff can be tricky. One of my acquaintances drills out the rivets on his MLS head gaskets,coats each layer with copper coat,and then installs them with studs,but he is in the big leagues, by my standards,with a totally beefy bottom end using mostly aftermarket parts,and a huge turbo running 25 or so pounds of boost.
Whatever your plans,the Buick V6 can accomodate them. Have fun!

Thank you very much for the time and info! If any mods would be exhaust, fuel pump, adj. regulator, 9" cone, 160 stat. Have and work on BB Chevelles,looking under the hood of a TR to me looks intimidating for a head gasket job! started last weekend and it was not as bad as I thought.

Thanks again Mike