Head Gasket blew. Now what to do?

Back in the early 90s when I was young an really foolish I wanted to do a Buick V6 swap in this to piss off Shelby guys. Good thing I didn't have the time :p

Today I would do a V6 turbo conversion in a small car just for fun. To do a LS in a Buick Turbo is a waste of a car. BUT when $$$$ is nothing to ya hack that baby up !!!

Apparently some people are only interested in being cheap.

"Cheap" no..... "Smart" maybe a little, but probably not..... I don't care/give a shit about nostalgia! A create LS7 is gonna cost about the same as "quality" v6 rebuild. I could have easily done motor, tranny (80e) BW turbo for what my v6 cost me. Sure my need to make some minor modifications for turbo set-up, but nothing major.

The tranny issues are over......80e is a brute.....practically indestructible, four speed OD..... Don't have to worry about controller or speedo with an LS set up either. That saves you $1200. All electronic.....

84mm BW turbo......motor will easily make a 1000 hp and that's without killin itself.

When I think of "nostalgia" I think of old and unreliable..... I don't want either. There's to much new technology out there that's better.

Now, if you're someone like NY Twin Turbo then totally different. That motor is a work of art.....a masterpiece! It's a one and only.....it's unique in every way. Very few tt motors out there to begin with and none that I've seen are even remotely close to that quality and craftsmanship. That car will turn heads a hundred years from now!

My GN is not unique. It's just a GN.....and I want it fast and reliable.

Nostalgia....... No thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6769.PNG
    IMG_6769.PNG
    278.5 KB · Views: 79
To get 600-650 out of an ls will take a hell of a lot less than it would turn v6. You can use stock heads. Cam swap gap some rings and send it. End of day its guys car and what he wants to do. Why be like rest of car culture and bash someone that wants to do it different.
Any ways get used to blowing head gaskets jk lol. Find out why you blew the gasket before you go all in.

To the OP, my apologies for hijackin your thread. Just keep in mind there's many options out there. Had someone suggested to me what I suggested to you, I would have done that, but I'm different then a lot of people on this board. And by no means am I saying they are not good, knowledgeable people because they are. Just a different point of view then myself. It's what makes the world go around.

Do some research and ask questions. Do what's best for yourself not because some suggested to you. Chris Hogeland (Twisted6racing) did most of the work to my motor. Look him up.

Good luck.

Now, if you're someone like NY Twin Turbo then totally different. That motor is a work of art.....a masterpiece! It's a one and only.....it's unique in every way. Very few tt motors out there to begin with and none that I've seen are even remotely close to that quality and craftsmanship. That car will turn heads a hundred years from now!
:shame: Thank you, but now you have gone too far. I'm not worthy.:notworthy:

Just bought my GN back in September. First drive out this year, noticed engine was getting a bit warm. Limped car home and sure enough oil looks like a milk shake. Tore into the motor and it looks like its been this way for a while. Some very nasty sludge almost like gel is everywhere. So what I am asking is, Should I tear out the motor completely and build it to what my goals (600-650WHP) are for the car? Or do the shady thing and slap some gaskets in and sell? I'm not a shady guy so I guess I'll go with the first option. Whats a solid build sheet for this engine? Can I keep stock crank and rods? I plan on doing pistons. I guess I'm just looking for some solid insight. Thank you guys!
Get a forged crank, have stock rods resized with ARP bolts, forged pistons, billet center caps, and balance rotating assb. The shortblock will cover your goals. The tune is the hard part be it Buick or LS power.