He didn't look. Backed right into me!

Aww that sucks.
High Mileage...Did you have the Spool Fool front bumper fillers?
I need a RH front filler and NOS ones are hard to come by. Not sure what to do..

Damn shame. Was the guy drunk or something? How do you blindly back up on the street like that? I would stay away from a fiberglas bumper, your steel one probably saved you from more damage. Hope everything works out for you. AND I would rather have your situation than my wife backing into it like the other poster!

Aww that sucks.
High Mileage...Did you have the Spool Fool front bumper fillers?
I need a RH front filler and NOS ones are hard to come by. Not sure what to do..

The fillers you see in the pic are NOS fillers that were still in their GM packaging when I received them. Installed a few years ago.

Mark: I don't know if the guy was drunk or what. He looked like he was working off a Friday night bender. It was Sat morning at 7am.

My insurance co got ahold of his. Waiting for his companies claims adjuster to call. Let's hope the adjuster doesn't write it up as a regular Regal and totals it out at $1,500.

Why would you go fiberglass when your steel bumper just kept that ball from going all the way to yours?

Why would you go fiberglass when your steel bumper just kept that ball from going all the way to yours?

I was thinking weight savings.

But you know.. Sometimes it's best to give a little when it comes to durability.

I have since found some vendors have a "front bumper bar" for a decent price. So,I most likely will go with that. I want to keep the stock look,anyway.

Their insurance company will be contacting me before the end of the week. The guy admitted fault to his insurance,yet still they wanted to record my statement. Probably to see if I'd say anything to point fault at myself!

.....weasels!!

I think the hitch did significantly more damage than if the bumpers had met although his may have gone above and ended up with similar results. You can be fined in Alberta for leaving the hitch in the receiver but it doesn't stop anyone. Sorry to see that guys

I think the hitch did significantly more damage than if the bumpers had met although his may have gone above and ended up with similar results. You can be fined in Alberta for leaving the hitch in the receiver but it doesn't stop anyone. Sorry to see that guys

Thata a tough call there. I went back and looked at pics I took at the scene. It looks as tho,with the shape of his bumper,that it would have rode up over my bumper and crushed my grille and header panel.

Quite possibly it could have turned into a bent rad support and bent hood. Both of which are in perfect condition.

At any rate,his insurance company came up with an almost $3,000 estimate. Much of which is made up of a list which I made up consisting of parts from vendors here.

On Saturday I start disassembly.