Having trouble selling my car

str8six

I am having trouble selling my mint condition turbo t any suggestions on how to sell it? ....I mean I have posted it on Craigslist and on this board and have received no calls.......I even posted that I am negotiable and willing to take any offers... I posted it for 13500 what am idling wrong? Am I selling at a bad time ? Is my price to high?
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1389410294.803212.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

if it looks as good as the pics do your about the right price,i live over in pinole/richmond......just keep posting it,youll get some bytes.a couple months from now head up to infineon raceway on wed nights someone will buy it.im the only turbo t their,i get all kinds of people who love these cars.15 bucks to spectate ,cant beat that.throw a sale sign on it.

I just might try that I work early morning is the only prob.. I am located in san Lorenzo ... And the car is actually cleaner in person....the problem here in Northern California is all the kids want grand nationals and think turbo ts are not the same

gates open at 3pm and they race till 9.you have all different class' of people out their.their is drifting on one side of the track and drags on the other.all ages,cops actually race their cop cars against the high school kids.its alot of fun.
theirs quiet a few car shows also,fri nights.let me know if your interested.PM me and ill,give you more info.
your price is right on to sell.

I like your car it is sharp! I was trying to convince myself to buy it, but it would need to have a bed in it so I can sleep in when my wife kicks me out of the house.

Unfortunately it is a depressed market for these cars right now. If you can hold off till spring it should sell. If you get desperate shoot me a pm and maybe I can take it off your hands.

Yeah Nice looking car Market is funky right now on these cars. 10k is probably max on that car out my way. Might try just parking it for a few months somewhere you can't see it everyday. You will most likely start to miss it and fall in love with it again.

I just might try that I work early morning is the only prob.. I am located in san Lorenzo ... And the car is actually cleaner in person....the problem here in Northern California is all the kids want grand nationals and think turbo ts are not the same

You're better off not selling your car to some kid who didn't research the car enough to know the difference. They're the same kid that wouldn't know the kind of power these cars have and end up putting it in a tree.

Yeah Nice looking car Market is funky right now on these cars. 10k is probably max on that car out my way. Might try just parking it for a few months somewhere you can't see it everyday. You will most likely start to miss it and fall in love with it again.
I miss mine and mine is in the garage under a cover. But will unwrap it soon to install some new shiny parts.

If I was looking for a car the wheels and portholes would cause me not to give it a 2nd look.

Agreed horndog. Wheels can def make or break a car. Its amazing how rims change the look.of a car...

How many miles are on it? At $13,500 you are in GN country. Economy still sucks....probably going on 5 years now. Car sure looks nice though!

If I was looking for a car the wheels and portholes would cause me not to give it a 2nd look.
Those GNX vents and wheels do not hurt that car in the slightest. Technically those are factory options, but on the wrong car.

If I was looking for a car right now I would be interested. You have a very good looking car. As far as the rims go, the only thing I think would be better is to make the webbing color match the paint. A high school buddy of mine, his Dad had a Monte SS with the same color and a white interior. I am colorblind but I love that color of your car. Not being sarcastic I am serious. I think you should be able to get about 9k out of it. I bought my 87 GN with 76,000 on the odometer for 10,500. It was all original except the tires, exhaust and battery. That was in 2009. GLWS

CrazyList, like Newspaper ads before it, is silly more often than not.
But you should definitely market it on more than one city.
The fact that it hasn't sold or generated alot of interest on this board is sort of a subtle message that it is slightly high.
But I hadn't seen your ad bump in a while either.
The diehards on this board who are TR hoarders tend to try to buy low.
The newbies are usually looking for Lamp Black 19.

I think your car looks nice. Always like a sharp T with chrome.
It's unique, without being too unique. And has grey interior vs blue which I think is a plus.
Is that paint color factory? And what year - 86 or 87?

I think you probably started to sell it back before the winter, but at the tail end of the season.
Hot Rods are like houses - springtime is the time to list them.
Not many people east of the Rockies do much car buying in the winter time. The shitty weather has really depressed just about everything outdoor related this year.

But much as I hate to say it - the great equalizer in sales is the price.
Everything can sell at the right price.
And there are a couple of really nice examples of "black cars"; i.e. GN's in that $13K range
I look at a lot of cars for sale.
$13,500 might be just a smidge on the high side. (Not that I don't think they are worth $13,500 - I just don't ever pay that)
To me - for a nice T-type, with 116K miles- I say...mmmm..kind of between $9K and high $11's
$9K gets my immediate attention, and when we get over say..$10,500-$11,0000.....I start to become more sticky.
It's sucks for sure, since you can barely buy a decent running KIA for $9-11K.
But it is sort of still a toy.
I think your engine bay is nice as well, so I'd say in spring, start at $11,950, $12,500, 12,750 and negotiate a wee bit.
I think your car is ready to roll, Yes? - and that means alot.

If you have time, just keep marketing it. Marketing is the key.
If you don't, then drop your price. That works too.

And as much as I like your wheels, I just might try a set of N89 Alum Vectors to see what is what.
It certainly won't hurt the look of the car by any stretch.

The vents are fine. Yeah, an eyeroll from a few, but they're fine.
With regular fenders, T badging, and N89 wheels though, it would stand out as a really nice example of a rather well preserved T.
And sleeper in your color.

Point of reference:
There is that other fellow with 62K @ $15,500 and he's been waiting a while as well.
Here - > http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/1987-buick-turbo-regal-type-t.398136/

Mostly the TR diehards are looking for T's. Well preserved T's. That's kind of a smallish group.

..I even posted that I am negotiable and willing to take any offers...

Hey now...you're willing to TAKE "any offers"
Or listen to any offers? :D

You shoulda probably put all this in your original For Sale thread - nothing like free advertisement.
Even if it did gunk up the thread.

The wheels are killing the car that and its a smidge too high on price , there was a guy at aggressive auto just bought a cleeeeean 70k 87 GN for $10,500 this past September... Yours is a really nice car though look at the wheels thread and you'll see what I mean...my car barely was noticed with the stock wheels....I put the 17s on with bright red ssbc calipers and all of a sudden it draws attention, people snapping pics in traffic and my GN is nowhere near as clean as your turbo t...