have a stutter

Haynesie

i believe it is that the cam sensor is not at the 25 degree requirement, my reason is that i have tried several replacement things, MAF sensor is good, coil pack is good, new plugs wires, and other general maintenance things have been done, which lead me to believe it might have been a camposition sensor, so i replaced it, this did not solve the problem, however i noticed that when the sensor was unplugged, the car ran fine and good as could be expected, but when pluged back in the stubling occured, always at the same RPM range of between 14-22 hundred rpms, would the caspers cam sensor be a good idea to invest in, as it allows the sensor to be rotated to the proper setting....thanks guys
--Jason

You can adjust your sensor just like the caspers, it is like adjusting the timine on anything with a distributor, loosen the bolt at the base of the camsensor, and rotate it untill it is in the right position. Just remember to turn the crank untill it is 25* ATDC #1 comp. If you measure 1.45" from the zero mark it will put you in the right place.

Several ways to do it but it has to be on the compression stroke. First thing you should do is mark the TDC mark and the 25 degree after TDC mark (1.45 inches counterclockwise from TDC) on the balancer with a bright colored paint. Take off your oil fill tube and look forward into the valve cover and you can see the number one intake valve. Disable the ignition so it wont start and have a friend barely turn the motor over a little bit at a time using the ignition key, until you see the #1 intake valve open and then close. Be careful not to turn the engine over too far after you see the valve close. THEN turn the key off and have a friend take a ratchet and socket and put some tension on the alternator nut in the clockwise direction. You won't be able to turn the motor over via the nut (belt will slip) but you can put some pressure on it enough to make it easy to turn the motor over clockwise by grabbing the intercooler fan. You will have to have the maf hose off anyway so get it out of your way and with a shop light positioned correctly you can see down to the balancer while turning it until the 25 degree after TDC mark lines up with the 0 down on the pointer. If everything went right you will have the motor where it needs to be in order to set the cam sensor via gnttype.org instructions and you won't even have to pull a spark plug. or the intercooler. Just make sure to have a trusted friend that wont honk the horn and scare the crap out of you! :eek:

bob