Hatch mechanism question

Slo86GN

The Nightstalker
Just wondering if anyone has converted their TTA to a manual-type latch mechanism or if I am stuck getting parts together to repair the power hatch mechanism. I was digging through a local junkyard and saw a few 3rd Gen F-bods that were manual hatch, which got me to thinking. Good thing is I also ran across a Camaro with a complete power assy intact and in good shape, so time to go parts diving tomorrow. :cool:

If going manual you will need to get all the latch and hold down parts from the donor car.

If u can get a working hatch motor setup from the yard, I recommend contacting Lon at TDS and get all the standard breakage parts for it and install them before you waste time installing it.

later
Jeremy

Jeremy.....
I figured that was the case. The manual hatch cars have all the parts in place, so would be easy to snag them. The power hatch assy on the TTA I just picked up is beat up pretty bad, so gotta do something with it.

Grump.....
I figured you would have a few spares laying around among your "junk" piles...lol. I priced the new power hatch assy from GM and damn, those things are expensive. That's why I looked at the junkyard....lol.

I had a third gen GTA with a defective power hatch motor, and I adapted the power release latch from a 93+ car.