Has anyone tried this on a stock turbo?

I did something similar, not quite to that extent though. Can't tell you if it helped or not, it's just another one of those little things that you do hoping that it'll eventually add up to something worthwhile. Didn't hurt anything, I know that :) I'd say it's a Good Thing, but worth the effort? I dunno.

John

I ported the stock turbo on my GN to that extent (but on a lathe) that went 12.6@111.97. As for performance gain, I did a few things at one time so I can't be sure... typical of me!

Funny, my bone stock turbo has gone nearly 112mph also. I honestly don't see what it can hurt if done correctly, but it won't get you much of anything performance wise that tuning won't get you.

Not fair! Not fair! Everybody knows TTAs are faster! ;)

There will always be those that have gone faster with stock this or stock that (just look at Tim Stockwell's legendary TR!), but that doesn't mean tweaking doesn't help! This is one of those cheap, do it yourself mods (if you have the right tools) that has been around since the dawn of the TR and just kinda makes sense as you can see from how ugly those factory mismatches can be. Anything you can do to "enhance" airflow on the intake side of the turbo should be helpful! My $.02.

Jay