Has anyone tried a "stock style" layout?

Adam Connell

Monster Truckin since 87'
Has anyone built a set of stock style headers for a conversion yet? When I say stock style I mean where the DR side crosses over in the stock location and crosses over into a passenger side log manifold? I know it is less than ideal, but I am considering this setup so that I can retain A/C.

Also IF I decided to go through with the transplant, I am going to attempt to make it look like a factory installation.

Stock style is possible using stock ls manifolds. Check out page 6 in my build thread for some pics and ideas.

There was a guy with a white T that got stolen that did this. I think he had to do some crazy exhaust pipe work to get it to have any type of ground clearance though...

If you use the Holley oil pan there is a nice space to run the cross over between the oil pan and the cross member. Check out my pictures posted you will see what I'm talking about.

There was a guy with a white T that got stolen that did this. I think he had to do some crazy exhaust pipe work to get it to have any type of ground clearance though...
That was my old car that was stolen. If I were to do it over again, I would use smaller hot side pipes...possibly as small as 2.25". I would probably notch the crossmember just a bit as well...just for a little more ground clearance. Other than that, I wouldn't change much. Here's a link to the original thread.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/limited-6l-ls-conversion.300350/