Hardtop with cloth

Wow - 15000 starting bid and no reserve for a 5600 mile festival car! The only things that bother me are the repaint, the aftermarket underhood insulator, and the original tires which appear to have more than 5K miles on them.
Froste's car is awesome. I think he has a reserve set at about 23K. That is a clean car, and from what I have heard, all his cars are museum quality.

Agree with you guys both of those cars are very nice.

Just holding out for a similar quality car without the t-tops.

The car your looking for they only made 15 of so good luck!! They only made 24 hardtop / leather cars too if that happens to be second choice

Does it have to be a real TTA though? There are some nice hardtop/cloth GTA's that are just as nice, and look identical. Could understand you wanting a TTA from a more collectors standpoint, but if your looking to drive and enjoy the car, not to mention put it through the paces and modify it, then I would honestly just replicate one. This guy is asking only $3200 for this pearl white '89 GTA beauty hardtop w/leather, and he'd probably go down to $2500 if he has to because nobody is buying third gens right now. You can pick up an LC2 for $1500.00 w/tranny nowadays, plug in the soon to be released SFI-6 flash ECM, and you'll have a killer TTA hardtop for less than, or a tad more than five grand...

41111Kohlmeier6.jpg

Minnesota 1989 pearl white Trans Am GTA. Wondering who has interest. Starting at 3200 - Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

I understand the rarity of the hardtop/cloth combo, and I realize it will take awhile to find what I want.

I only go for t-tops when there is absolutely no other option, like the '79 10th's.:(

The GTA route would be a very option, if I was going to mod the car. Want a very clean, original car to show/cruise/enjoy.

Thanks.

Have received one reply...just probably too nice of a car. Would like one that can be driven without ruining the ultra-low mileage/mint condition.

Any leads, please shoot me a PM. Thanks.

If you can find one now is the time to buy. My garage got over filled last year with 2 purchases. 1 of them being the car your looking for. Come spring my ttop car will most likely go up for sale just because I want more room. My 79 10th is going to my daughter as soon as she buys a house with a garage....yeah too bad Tye it's probably going to NC.

If you can find one now is the time to buy. My garage got over filled last year with 2 purchases. 1 of them being the car your looking for. Come spring my ttop car will most likely go up for sale just because I want more room. My 79 10th is going to my daughter as soon as she buys a house with a garage....yeah too bad Tye it's probably going to NC.

:( please sell the '79 to me first!

my personal favorite.

actually, when i bought the tta... i was looking for both. i decided which ever one i found a solid car for a good price would be the one i'd buy. i found the tta. i don't regret buying it - but the '79 anniv with a 4 speed is on the top of my want list.

and i thought we had a deal on the car mentioned above ;)

Well Ty has pestered me for that car for years too. Unfortunately my wife has promised it to her daughter as she loves old classic cars. The requirement was she must own a house with a garage to keep it in and have a new daily driver. I don't recall this agreement but if I did anything other than agree at this point it would cause a major family disruption :) anyway she about there meeting the requirements, but her husband hates old cars and has no idea how to work on a car of any type or maintain one so personally I think it's the wrong decision. That said they also can't sell it so if they decide they can't keep it then we get it back. So there still hope someday for y'all :). Also have 2 local guys very interested in it.

Well Ty has pestered me for that car for years too. Unfortunately my wife has promised it to her daughter as she loves old classic cars. The requirement was she must own a house with a garage to keep it in and have a new daily driver. I don't recall this agreement but if I did anything other than agree at this point it would cause a major family disruption :) anyway she about there meeting the requirements, but her husband hates old cars and has no idea how to work on a car of any type or maintain one so personally I think it's the wrong decision. That said they also can't sell it so if they decide they can't keep it then we get it back. So there still hope someday for y'all :). Also have 2 local guys very interested in it.

perhaps you can tell your wife it was stolen or something... ;)

see around post 12 of this thread...
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-trans-am-tech/130567-15-mile-tta-ebay-30k.html

perhaps you can tell your wife it was stolen or something... ;)

see around post 12 of this thread...
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-trans-am-tech/130567-15-mile-tta-ebay-30k.html
Holy sheet bat man..was that the very first time you asked me about that...7 years ago...dam and I was wanting to get rid of them in the next 2-3 years back then and get my wife a new car! WTF Ha, well I made her '95 TA pretty much into a road racer :D Race it to work every day :D She hates it now and doesn't drive it, instead drives the '94 Silverado everyday and I drive the '95 TA everyday...and since then bought the SRT10 which she doesn't want to drive cause its too big...and the 99 and the 89 HT....so there wasn't any new car in their for her so I guess I'm pushing my luck! Lesson to all those newlyweds :D
Well you may have first dibs unless Ty can find his first post about it! I know he raises hell about it alot..I'll have to reference your post next time..kind of surprised he hasn't chimmed in yet, I think he reads everything on here.

Maybe I should park in down the road at a friends in his garage and see how long it takes for her to notice its gone and tell her I sold it...like a trial run :D See what the consequences may be...

Maybe I should park in down the road at a friends in his garage and see how long it takes for her to notice its gone and tell her I sold it...like a trial run :D See what the consequences may be...

haha! let me know how that works out...

i'll volunteer my garage ;)

Holy sheet bat man..was that the very first time you asked me about that...7 years ago...dam and I was wanting to get rid of them in the next 2-3 years back then and get my wife a new car! WTF Ha, well I made her '95 TA pretty much into a road racer :D Race it to work every day :D She hates it now and doesn't drive it, instead drives the '94 Silverado everyday and I drive the '95 TA everyday...and since then bought the SRT10 which she doesn't want to drive cause its too big...and the 99 and the 89 HT....so there wasn't any new car in their for her so I guess I'm pushing my luck! Lesson to all those newlyweds :D
Well you may have first dibs unless Ty can find his first post about it! I know he raises hell about it alot..I'll have to reference your post next time..kind of surprised he hasn't chimmed in yet, I think he reads everything on here.

If I need to go back and find our conversations.... all of them.... I can. As well as PM's so sorry Smiley 2004 wont cut it :p

If I need to go back and find our conversations.... all of them.... I can. As well as PM's so sorry Smiley 2004 wont cut it :p
Was wondering where you have been all this time :D Any time that car is mentioned Ty will find the post... When I bought that car I drove it back from Maryland and Bryan Quick'n'KC saw me driving it back passing through Birmingham as he was there with one of his cars at the time, I think an MR2, passed each other on the highway!