Hard to start XFI.

Turbopoul

Hi guys,
I am having hard time starting my Typhoon with XFI. I need to hold gas pedal open abit for it to start. Iac working, played with crank fuel (got abit better).

My quistions are; Will lowering (crank to run mode, or engine revs to run mode) , XFI volts ? Any ideas ? Thanks..

One more thing, How can i tune my tcc ? I like for tcc to lock and unlock with abit more gas pedal, (too sensitive).

Thanks again...

If you bought your XFI new, the vendor you bought it from should help you out.
But regardless adjust with your Starting IAC Pos.

The vendor dont return calls.
I adjusted starting IAC as high as it goes.
Would timing help ?

The vendor dont return calls.
I adjusted starting IAC as high as it goes.
Would timing help ?

If your idling IAC number was already high.... then no it won't help.....

The jist is... get it started.... when it is operating temp and idling.... see what the IAC numbers are....adjust throttle screw to get the IAC numbers down to 30 or so..... then set the start IAC position to 100 or more....

NOTE: Just as with a regular chip car... you must reset the TPS after all this....

Also... watch your actual AFR while trying to crank... like if it hits then dies... log it if you have to.....to determine if the AFR is too fat or too lean when cranking.

Any trouble codes?

HTH

I bought XFI and Caspers adapter harness from Detroit Turbo some time this past summer. The harness should have been plug n' play, it turned out to be "plug and NO play! I could not get it to start! Detroit Turbo did not wanted to help, they told me to deal with FAST, Caspers.
It took me six mo. to find/fix the harness, most of the wiring where wrong (caspers where somewhat helpfull, not much). Cal at Hartline performance did a great job tunning it. However my iac wasn't working at the time because there where no signal thru the harness (Caspers). Got it fixed.
Once it's running, its great, just needs to start better.

Thanks for all your help, i'll be using your advises.

What Billy said above is correct.... If you ever unplugged the IAC motor while the XFI was powered up.... it will burn the IAC driver/s up in the XFI box.

Been there and done that as well........ sorry design IMHO..... but it can and will happen if you unplug it with the keyswitch on.