hard pedal

wistleofdeath

the noise in Illinois.
Ok I had a real hard pedal about a month ago and I put a new accumalator ball on ( The one with the yellow writing on it.) and it fixed the problem. Well after driving it i decided that it had a real low pedal so i bleed the brakes, I pulled alot of air out of the break system now it's like i have no power breaks and the powermaster runs constantly:mad:. I'm gonna convert to vac. When I get the money (college sux!!) Is this because my powemaster went bad or is it because i bled the brakes or what???? anyway any advice would be appericated.

Thanks

Andy

Originally posted by wistleofdeath
the powermaster runs constantly

Pop off the lid to the reservoir, look at the fluid level on the passenger side of the reservoir. If there is no fluid and you can see the bottom, the fluid is low. If it's empty, put the lid back on. With ignition key OFF....pump the brake pedal until it gets real hard, then take the reservoir lid off and fill to the level indicator that is at the passenger/firewall corner of the reservoir.

Ed

I checked the fluid last night and it was fine. I'm just confused about this because I had power brakes before I bled the system and now I don't have power breaks also after I bled the sysem the powermaster got quieter ( If that is a word) it still runs but it is real quiet now. Did I damage something or what.